ladies how much do you pack for a month? (1 Viewer)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I take as much as my van storage will permit. Irrespective of how long I am away The wardrobe always has at least 6 pairs of trousers and a couple of fleeces. An overhead locker has númerous teashirts, at least 7, and undies and socks.
When I return home everything is laundered and then put straight back into the van. I would use a laundrette if I ran out.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK then seriously if you are moving on every few days you don't need much as next time you stop nobody has seen you and what you are wearing before, you hope.

Martin

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
OK then seriously if you are moving on every few days you don't need much as next time you stop nobody has seen you and what you are wearing before, you hope.

Martin

Well I have several identical tops and pairs of jeans so you would never know if I was wearing the same ones day in day out - unless I spilled something of course!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

Martin

Martin it's a woman thing :whistle2:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We are ex bikers that only had two panniers and a top box for a fortnight so Mo the MoHo is heaven (y) :D

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
If going for changing seasons think layers. my thermal long johns take little space are very cosy and can be worn under all my trousers or jeans, they fit under shorts but look naff. take a couple of 'going out' stuff (for 2 months) try to limit my shoes, 1 pair sandals 1 toe post 1 trainers and my boots for the bike, use heavy 'normal' boots so dual purpose when it turns cold. Have 1 locker and 1/4 of a wardrobe, John has the rest of the wardrobe, I try not to take stuff that needs hanging up, like linen or linen mix, looks creased anyway so no need to iron;) managed to pack enough for2 weeks in a bike pannier and brought back unworn stuff. Put out what you think you need and at least half it, if you get stuck they have charity shops abroad too. Kitchen wise you don't need 17 Tea towels.

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
When I go away for 4 weeks of which we are about 2 do, I have no intention of doing laundry, so I take enough undies and everything else. I am happy to sort it when I get home. Ready for next trip. I go away to do what we want to do. Happy days

Scrappie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Searching
Exp
It's a learning curve
P A Y L O A D !
I absolutely agree, taking all that stuff could take you far and above the safe weight ladies........do what I do, and ditch the spare wheel?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Answer is dead easy according to the wifey!
If there's a space left you've forgotten something.:(
How long to go now?:unsure:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@irnbru, Sandra hope you and mum Jean have a great time (see I remembered mums name!!), no doubt the van will be overweight on your return with all the alcohol you will be bringing back for Hogmanay !!!
Enjoy your trip.

Carol

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I'm just in the process of packing a case for 10 days with an allowance of 25kg. I'm now up to 15kgs and cant find anything else that I need. I like to leave some space for her bathroom bits in my case.:)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Generally we take enough for a week or two and wash small amounts every few days - see Here. As much as possible what we take requires no ironing, which is a good job because we are almost invariably without mains electricity. Choosing materials carefully means that even trousers, shorts and tops can be hung on the rotary airer after a good shake and don't require ironing.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Choosing materials carefully means that even trousers, shorts and tops can be hung on the rotary airer after a good shake and don't require ironing.

Shaking is not washing Graham;)

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
3 is the number,one to wash one to wear,one incase of emergency!!if you have a container with a sealed lid and a bike rack,put the wash in it,drive ,rinse out hang out,dry in no time.
One pair of warm trousers and a jumper,wet gear.thats the way to do it,never been able to do it yet!:Eeek::Eeek: Good idea.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
5 sleeps left :)
Blo*** he**!!!:eek:
Get off the forum now. You're gonna run out of time for packing what with all the tartan gear for the ceilidhs and cowboy hats for the line dancing you'll need .:giggle: Not forgetting the stripey tee shirts and berets to blend in.(y)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@Eve Thanks for jogging my memory about the tub with lid. I did buy a little twin tub for mum but because she is so much of a washing freak she used it at home so often she wore it out.
Pity you werent going at the same time. You and mum wohld have been company for each other.

Deleted User
We have just set off for 5 week trip, packed pretty much my whole wardrobe excluding stuff that only gets worn for weddings and funerals, it's not that much to be honest, live in jeans cut offs and t-shirts, I couldn't go more than 10 days at home without running out of clean clothes, same when away.
Dogs have more allocated space in van than me

Lin :)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
We are away for 20 days / nights I have just had a quick count up of tops (mike has gone out so safe to do so) stopped counting at 42. There are more in the just in case pile (stashed under the bed) Don't take jeans nightmare to dry if they get wet and too hot to wear in heat take trousers (I like linen). My top tip after years of packing for family of 4 for 3 weeks away. Get the hanging rail reinforced with an extra loop thing and hang trousers with two tops on each hanger. Have a lovely holiday. Andrea.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back