Just Back From Shetland (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Got home yesterday after a few weeks on the road. Spent a couple of weeks in Shetland visiting relatives and touring. We can recommend the little campsites at Skeld and Braewick, the site at Levenwick is a bit close to the road but is owned by the local community so stayed there one night.

Nice little harbour at Sandness to overnight though a notice prohibits chemical toilet disposal in the public toilets. Fantastic views parked up overlooking St Ninian's Isle, a couple of other vans there as well. All the roads were okay for us though on one of them I could'nt see any tarmac on either side in my mirrors.

Plenty of other places to park up for the night.

Attended the Classic Car Show in Lerwick, huge turnout, well worth going. Only downside is the price of the ferry, more than cmpsite fees, fuel, food and even wine and beer put together!

Diesel was 132.9/litre on the island, left for the ferry with only around a gallon left in the tank.

Rgds
Bill

daveyboy

Free Member
Mar 2, 2009
cambs
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
i lived on the shetlands for three years ( raf) in the late 80,s and i would love to go back for a holiday.
the scenery is to die for and the locals are the most sociable people ive ever met.
the roads are ok and they even put a small roundabout in lerwick when i was there.the locals could,nt figure it out.lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back