Italian Lakes. Posh site with pool near a town - Any recommendations ? (1 Viewer)

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Funster No
MH
Semi integrated
Hi
This year as we are going to the Italian lakes area in our 7.5m motorhome
As part of our summer away we like to have a posh week or two in a 5* ish site
Site needs to be walking distance to a town that a good choice of restaurants
It needs to have a decent pool with plenty of sun loungers
Private facilities would be nice (last year in France our pitch had our own loo, shower and a mini kitchen with fridge)
Family friendly sites are OK but ideally adults only
I have been looking on searchforsites and here but not found the "perfect" site yet
A kind of Sandals resort for motorhomes :cool: !

Any recommendations would be much appreciated

Thanks

Apr 11, 2022
Somerset UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2016
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
That looks like a really nice site, is it an easy walk to the lake side ?
It was an easy 10 minute cycle to the main front in the town.
20190606_104114.jpg

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Camping Bavaria in Riva is right on the lake front although we haven't tried it. We have stayed at the adjacent Albergo that has its own small campsite adjacent to the beach. It is a B&B with some rooms with a lake view, and does a nice breakfast. Its car park can accomodate a VW camper. Perhaps not the luxury or facilities that the OP is seeking, but it is in a fabulous location and the town centre is a short walk.

DSCF4506.JPG

DSCF4504.JPG

The only drawback was the occasional Disco on the Beach event during high season. Very loud, lasting into the small hours. I think that is the Camping Bavaria gate in the background.

DSCF4217.JPG

Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since 2008
Hi
This year as we are going to the Italian lakes area in our 7.5m motorhome
As part of our summer away we like to have a posh week or two in a 5* ish site
Site needs to be walking distance to a town that a good choice of restaurants
It needs to have a decent pool with plenty of sun loungers
Private facilities would be nice (last year in France our pitch had our own loo, shower and a mini kitchen with fridge)
Family friendly sites are OK but ideally adults only
I have been looking on searchforsites and here but not found the "perfect" site yet
A kind of Sandals resort for motorhomes :cool: !

Any recommendations would be much appreciated

Thanks

https://www.camping-bellaitalia.it/en/ at Peschiera del Garda on the very southern edge of the lake. Short walk into town, good restaurants/cafes. Rail Stn in town on the line to Verona.
The camp site is large, busy and provides tethered buoy moorings for boats should you wish to tow one all that way. They also have parking for the empty boat trailers once your lovely boat has been launched. Good restaurant, I think 5 swimming pools, large supermarket and gates directly onto the lakeside.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 23, 2008
Funster No
Stayed on that site in 2010 nice walk along the lakeside path and handy for train station for a day trip to Venice or the opera in Verona

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Stayed at Camp Butterfly lake Garda, easy walk into town.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009

Camping del So Village Iseo . Beautiful area, excellent site with two swimming pools, bars , restaurants etc. Lakeside pitches, short walk into fab town with nearby Lidl and consum. See my description on my blog at this link scroll down https://lightningtours.blogspot.com/2022/09/

Second this had a lovely time there before moving on to Bardolino, campsite we used was midway between bardolino and garda town, doessn't have the 5 star qualities you want though although pool and restaurant were lovely. We had a look at camping butterfly when we were out for the day but weren't so keen on that.

OP
OP
C
Jun 20, 2021
UK
Funster No
MH
Semi integrated
Thanks everyone

Just planning my route through Belgium. Germany etc. Take about a week. Then drop into lakes area and prebook a couple of sites from these options

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back