Insurance nightmare (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
I'm having real trouble getting insurance this year for my 2022 Globecar Campscout. My current insurer is now insisting I have a tracker fitted as the van has increased by £10k. I already have the vanbitz Growler and non starter but that's not good enough apparently. They will not Insure for current value (£74900) as its new for old, and many other quotes I've tried to get refuse to quote due to value! I suppose I will need to get the tracker fitted but which is best? Very happy with current system but I don't really want to be paying 2 subscriptions. eddievanbitz can my current system be easily upgraded to comply with their demands?

It's all such a pain, and I bet the sales values will crash next year so probably only needed for a while longer! I've got 10 days to find a solution 😔

Thanks in advance for any advice offered

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Have you given LV= a call they don’t ask for tracker our van is a high value and has Strikeback with non starter👍😊

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Albacore
Sep 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Have you given LV= a call they don’t ask for tracker our van is a high value and has Strikeback with non starter👍😊
Thanks I tried online but they refused due to value and too many accessories/mods i.e reversing camera, e&p and Growler/non starter!! Maybe I will call them tomorrow!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I'm having real trouble getting insurance this year for my 2022 Globecar Campscout. My current insurer is now insisting I have a tracker fitted as the van has increased by £10k. I already have the vanbitz Growler and non starter but that's not good enough apparently. They will not Insure for current value (£74900) as its new for old, and many other quotes I've tried to get refuse to quote due to value! I suppose I will need to get the tracker fitted but which is best? Very happy with current system but I don't really want to be paying 2 subscriptions. eddievanbitz can my current system be easily upgraded to comply with their demands?

It's all such a pain, and I bet the sales values will crash next year so probably only needed for a while longer! I've got 10 days to find a solution 😔

Thanks in advance for any advice offered
If your system is a 2022 I would speak to Ash, and he can check what was installed and it simply may be a simple paper excercise

As mentioned when I hit Sixty Ash put me out to grass ;)

OP
OP
Albacore
Sep 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
If your system is a 2022 I would speak to Ash, and he can check what was installed and it simply may be a simple paper excercise

Thanks very much Eddie, I'll speak to Ash in the morning 👍

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I emailed info@vanbitz.com on 1 August on the topic of trackers, is this email still valid as still awaiting a reply?
Well either they didn't get it, or, more likely you received a reply and its in your junk mail

That email goes to more than one of the team, and never ignored

If it was important I would always chase with a phone call to establish what happened

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!

Well it rhymes with that!

"................... kicked me in the ass!" :giggler: :imoutahere:

OP
OP
Albacore
Sep 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Thanks eddievanbitz, (and AshVanBitz) as you suggested it is just a paper (with money & tag) exercise to upgrade to an S5. Phew! The Insurers are now happy and they have requoted at £365 @£86k which is less than their original quote of £460. I'll take that! 😁 - UPDATE Insurance is £466- she hadn't quoted with increased value! :doh: Shame, but Metatrak have very kindly offered to send me the tags FOC seeing as I purchased 3 years of subscription! :cheers:

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Well either they didn't get it, or, more likely you received a reply and its in your junk mail

That email goes to more than one of the team, and never ignored

If it was important I would always chase with a phone call to establish what happened
Hi,

After a week or so I managed to get insurance without the tracker requirement for a slight premium increase that was less than the annual running costs of a tracker, so I didn't follow up. I may well next year, but am looking for the simplest/cheapest CAT5/S5 tracker and not additional alarms etc.

Just to correct your assumption though, the email was sent by me and was received by your system (accepted)- and no reply from your domain was received. Just pulled the transport logs for communication between our respective domains, which incidentally logs emails prior to scanning/quarantines/delivery and it only shows my sent (and received) email, and no incoming. What your system did with my email I cannot say, but it was accepted, and whether it got deleted or junked at your end will be in your logs. If your reply comes from a different domain I can also check that.

It matters not now, but just updating your "you didn't get it" or "it went to my junk" assumption.

date_time_utcclient_ipserver_ipserver_hostnamesource_contextconnector_idsourceevent_idrecipient_addressrecipient_statustotal_bytesrecipient_countmessage_subject
2023-08-01T19:43:37.8280000Z2603:10a6:400:1a1::14185.151.28.67mx.stackmail.comTo_DefaultOpportunisticTLSSMTPSENDEXTERNALinfo@vanbitz.com250 Accepted
23882​
1​
Info pls

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi,

After a week or so I managed to get insurance without the tracker requirement for a slight premium increase that was less than the annual running costs of a tracker, so I didn't follow up. I may well next year, but am looking for the simplest/cheapest CAT5/S5 tracker and not additional alarms etc.

Just to correct your assumption though, the email was sent by me and was received by your system (accepted)- and no reply from your domain was received. Just pulled the transport logs for communication between our respective domains, which incidentally logs emails prior to scanning/quarantines/delivery and it only shows my sent (and received) email, and no incoming. What your system did with my email I cannot say, but it was accepted, and whether it got deleted or junked at your end will be in your logs. If your reply comes from a different domain I can also check that.

It matters not now, but just updating your "you didn't get it" or "it went to my junk" assumption.
Your mixing up your Pronouns

My post said ”Perhaps they didn’t get it?”

Your post post states ”Your system accepted it”

You obviously are clued up on electronic communication, but as I also said in my email, I personally follow up anything important with a telephone call which I know businesses prioritise higher than emails.

Hard for some to accept in this post covid world where is safer to hide behind a screen and not have to deal with anything, but many businesses, prioritise real live human beings on the premises first, then calls and phone messages, and finally when the visiting customers are sorted, the calls are made, then, a mug of coffee is procured, a handful of biscuits nabbed from the tim, and the laptop turned on and emails read.

I don’t have access to VB logs anymore, and to be truthful even if I did I couldn’t be bothered to check, if someone is going to get upset we didn’t respond to s single email weeks ago, because who knows? The VB system may of seen something in the email it didn’t like and gone “Nah” and junked it, there’s nothing really that can be done.

However, the OP posted thinking he had an issue, Van Bitz have solved the issue easily and quickly, you didn’t need a tracker after all, so all’s good in the World👍🏻

Last edited:

AshVanBitz

Funster
Aug 7, 2018
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1989
Hi,

Good morning,

On the 1st August I was on holiday so all emails coming into both info & ash@vanbitz.com had an automatic replies stating that I was away and the emails were not being monitored. It said that you should call the office with your enquiry.

I apologise if you did not receive the automatic reply.

Kindest regards

Ash

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Have a look at Rewire Security, subscription costs are about the same but install costs a lot lower.
I know someone who has two of them ...

Sep 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
Expect big increases in premiums. My car is insured with LV and and renewal is up 50% on last year to around £460. Spoke to my broker who insured my Motorhome and LV came back as the cheapest for my car but still 45% up on last year. The next nearest was over 60% more expensive than last year. Also done the usual GoCompare stuff and none can get near last years premium. There has been a big reset in the industry as premiums have been too low and unsustainable. Secondhand values on cars and MH are increasing as well as new prices. Trackers will be the norm on high value MH's but they will need to be approved models to meet insurance requirements.

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
We have five different policies with LV, when our annual travel renewal quote came in it had shot up, i phoned to ask as I had several policies with them could they do better. They stated that was the best they could do. Went online to LV for a like for like quote it was £63 cheaper. I phoned back and was told it was cheaper beacause I did it online and didn’t use their renewal quote. Not impressed with their customer service

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have five different policies with LV, when our annual travel renewal quote came in it had shot up, i phoned to ask as I had several policies with them could they do better. They stated that was the best they could do. Went online to LV for a like for like quote it was £63 cheaper. I phoned back and was told it was cheaper beacause I did it online and didn’t use their renewal quote. Not impressed with their customer service
Needs reporting to Insurance Ombudsman. Quoting new customers lower than renewing ones for the same cover is now a no no.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back