LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I have been trying to get insurance breakdown cover to go to Germany. Most quotes were over £70. they wanted to cover for a year. We only want a week for the car. Got hold of Saga. They said pay monthly. then when we come back cancel the policy. then they only take for what you have used.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
This doesn't work with normal insurance, as the monthly payment is just considered as buying annual insurance on credit (hence the extra charge). They can therefore charge you for the whole year even if you cancel early.

Deleted User
Or buy a policy including European breakdown cover (no more expensive than "normal" insurance in our experience)

And go European whenever you like (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Even if the don't charge you for the whole year anyway there will certainly be steep charges for cancelling early.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ensure that you get the full details IN WRITING so you can confirm what you've been told by Saga verbally.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've just done a 'test' price with breakdown assist for the European single trip cover and it came out at £24.75 so if that's all you need I doubt if you'll beat it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back