Mad dog

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Just been checking our pvc insurance, ours is 3.5yrs old. One dealer said, as a rule of thumb 3-4 yr old vans are worth about the same as they were new. Another said add another 5k onto ours. Extras make little difference.

Jun 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680
I was with Comfort last time, at renewal I asked them to increase the value from 45k to 55k as prices have gone up but they said in that case you have to have a tracker so I said I don't want a tracker so just insure me for 45k again but then refused to insure me at all !

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I was with Comfort last time, at renewal I asked them to increase the value from 45k to 55k as prices have gone up but they said in that case you have to have a tracker so I said I don't want a tracker so just insure me for 45k again but then refused to insure me at all !
Mine is insured for 74Ā½k with Comfort without a tracker.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Mine is insured for 74Ā½k with Comfort without a tracker.
When I renewed with Comfort I decided to declare 70k value instead of Ā£75k last year to get rid of the requirement for a tracker. They said it may cost me more! They pointed out that the reduction of value would not affect the premium, but now I have not got a tracker it would go up more. I checked and realised that I had renewed my subscription for the Tracker for another 3 years, so I am stuck with it until 2024. In that case I kept it all the same and will change it when my subscription runs out. .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
I think it's fair to say that, whilst our brokers are reasonable people with which to deal, their masters are not.
"Loss adjuster, GAP cover" etc.
Who might we wonder invented Health & Safety and why?
Food for thought from an increasingly cynical man.

OP
OP
seasideBill
Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Caravan Guard threshold for tracker requirement is Ā£50k

That was the advice yesterday, its changed today but Iā€™m not entirely sure what it is now, all a bit confusing! However, theyā€™ve increased my sum insured to Ā£52k with a non-approved tracker and approved steering lock.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Often my vehicles have trackers, I didn't bother on the two that had been stollen, the increased cost on insurances overall has been a huge impact, had I had Trackers and the B'tards been tracked and the vehicles recovered I would not have the huge increase in insurance I have faced. Lesson learnt a Tracker is just another piece of

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back