Hymer Net Curtians.. Removing For Washing ? (1 Viewer)

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Jock,

Could you please explain how you got to the solenoid valve under the toilet bowl as I have the same problem, as posted elsewhere but I can't find it (n), also what do you mean about changing over the wires on the pump, there is only the one pump on my van that I am familiar with !!
Which wires was it that you swapped around please.

Many thanks,
Norman.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Jock,

Could you please explain how you got to the solenoid valve under the toilet bowl as I have the same problem, as posted elsewhere but I can't find it (n), also what do you mean about changing over the wires on the pump, there is only the one pump on my van that I am familiar with !!

Many thanks,
Norman.
Sorry Norman, I'm on a tablet at the moment, and suffering from operator error. A further reply to follow. ;)

Jock.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Jock,

Many thanks,
Norman.
Re swapping the wires over at or near the pump, Hymer tend to use blue and brown wires throughout their MHs, and it is these two wires close to the pump which can be changed round without causing a short or fuse to blow.

Re the electric valve (solenoid) underneath the bowl, this valve enhances the water pressure coming from the fresh water tank, and both work in tandem when you operate the blue flush button. Using schematic diagrams for theThetford C200 series toilets on
You will see the valve. To gain access, the bowl has to be removed from it's base, working from the restricted access of the cassette locker. It's a bu##er of a job, and very fiddly involving some blind working. The electric valve is around the £35 mark.

If the previous owners weren't to particular about the toilet hygiene, be prepared for a shock when you eventually split the bowl from it's base. (n)

HTH,

Jock

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Many thanks for that Jock, I have looked in that area before but couldn't work out what needed to be unscrewed to removed the bowl from the base :whistle:
I should be using the van this coming weekend, sans toilet, so I will have another quick look, it could ruin the short holiday though (n)
Norman.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Many thanks for that Jock, I have looked in that area before but couldn't work out what needed to be unscrewed to removed the bowl from the base :whistle:
I should be using the van this coming weekend, sans toilet, so I will have another quick look, it could ruin the short holiday though (n)
Norman.
The schematic diagram should show the half crescent shaped retaining brackets which need to be unscrewed. If I remember correctly, the blade opening and closing mechanism needs to be disconnected, and like I said above, working blindly, it's a bu##er of a job. :(
A small mirror will help. (y)

Jim, sorry to deviate away from the original subject, ie, your net curtains. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Jim, sorry to deviate away from the original subject, ie, your net curtains. ;)

none needed Jock .. it was me who asked about the feeble flushing

what do you mean about changing over the wires on the pump, there is only the one pump on my van that I am familiar with !!

as Jock said.. but just to clarify, there should be a connector near the pump.. (it may be tucked out of sight).. , swap over the wires on it.. mine was blue to blue and brown to brown.. ( that is what you would expect) I swapped over so they are now... brown to blue and blue to brown..

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Thanks Jim. :)

BTW Norman, I forgot one very important piece of advice (it was some years ago), and that is...................to wear gloves when removing the bowl. ;)

I hope you are successful both with the slow flush, and replacing the electric valve. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
and the net curtains ? :LOL:

both nets and curtains all ironed and re-hung yesterday, and looking superb.. a fiddly but not difficult job... :cool:

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Jock,

An update, bought the valve for £30 and was going to attempt to change it today but it poured down with rain so I will attempt it tomorrow now, note that I said attempt, twice :whistle:

Norman.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
and the net curtains ? :LOL:

both nets and curtains all ironed and re-hung yesterday, and looking superb.. a fiddly but not difficult job... :cool:
Rita and I did all four sets this afternoon, within a couple of hours from taking down, to hanging back up.

It's not until you rehang them, that you appreciate they really needed washing, ie, the difference is really noticeable. ;)

Jock,

An update, bought the valve for £30 and was going to attempt to change it today but it poured down with rain so I will attempt it tomorrow now, note that I said attempt, twice :whistle:

Norman.
How did you get on Norman? Well I hope. (y)

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
A day that has left me pretty peeeeeed off, pun intended.

After changing the valve which took about three hours there was no difference to the flow at all so I had to think what else could it be. The pump was running to all taps but not the toilet, tried the flush button and it melted the fuse in the box next to the drivers seat, removed the socket, with difficulty, from the back of the button to discover a contact spring burned out, dismantled the unit removed the burnt end and re-installed the unit, burnt out another fuse and on replacing it the pump was running continuously so ~~~~~~~

Installed the unit the correct way around this time, pump stops as required but still no flow from toilet and the unit was red hot, burnt out another fuse so #####
Checked the control panel which I should have done earlier, to see that the toilet flush was pulling 20 amps !!!!
I am no electrician so ~~~~~~~~~~~~#############
Will look around tomorrow to find a motorhome repairer (n)(n)(n)(n)
I hate to admit defeat but (n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

Away to post another thread, Peeeeeed Offff

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Norman,

I am genuinely sorry to learn that you were unable to resolve your flushing issue, after all that effort. :(

Hopefully an electrician can find the problem for you.

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Jock, thank you for your post
An update, electrician at work checked out the valve and it was not working at all, he also checked out the push button relay and two of thw four contacts are permanently " made" so U/S there also.
next course of action is to source another relay and then take it from there as I will get satisfaction from fixing it myself.
Norman.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Jock, thank you for your post
An update, electrician at work checked out the valve and it was not working at all, he also checked out the push button relay and two of thw four contacts are permanently " made" so U/S there also.
next course of action is to source another relay and then take it from there as I will get satisfaction from fixing it myself.
Norman.
God luck with that Norman. (y).

I look forward to reading of a result. :)

Cheers,

Jock.

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
I wish you success Tucano. Then perhaps you can share the solution with me so that I can get mine fixed!

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Jane, Jess,

I have just posted another thread to get away from the curtains act, not computa litrit enough to be able to say, "here"

Norman

PS, There is an interesting post by leftlegger I believe he/she is called about changing another piece of kit in this system also, it all seems over complicated to me but, what do I know !!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back