How old is your dog in human years (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Have you ever wondered how old your dog, really is, in human years ?
Did you know each breed is different ?
Here's a quick way of finding out

Here's our Busters age . 8 year old Border Terrier = 48 !
Ruby who we lost last year at 16.5 was 82 !
image.png

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Interesting, (ignoring the targeted advertising!) but I wonder if it is more about the size of the dog though of course that does relate to breed. Our late Jack Russell reached 17 but putting that age in for some larger dogs returns the message they don't have any data for that breed. Which I take to mean they don't or at least rarely, achieve that age.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Our Lily, Patterdale Terrier, is 4 and that equates to 44 (I've had to use Jack Russell as her breed isn't listed)

Our little monster Tazzy, Chihuahua/Jack Russell cross who's 4 comes up as 32 (mixed breed small dog).

Our Romy, cross Staffie/Greyhound, is just under 13 yrs and comes out as 80 (mixed breed medium dog) ... the vet in France thought she was only a few years old as she' acts like a puppy!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Interesting, (ignoring the targeted advertising!) but I wonder if it is more about the size of the dog though of course that does relate to breed. Our late Jack Russell reached 17 but putting that age in for some larger dogs returns the message they don't have any data for that breed. Which I take to mean they don't or at least rarely, achieve that age.
Unfortunately the larger the dog the shorter the lifespan however I think some of the ages are very optimistic, for example Grey Danes often only get to around 6 years old but the age it comes back with in human terms is 47 which isn't anything like what it is in reality - our friends have had a lot and they're lucky if they go on that long.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Hum Border Terrier that's 15 = 76 human years, is this why he can't keep up with me on the bike :whistle:

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Our Ruby a border terrier , was 16 .5 .
A propper old lady in dog years. Smelled of wee wee . Had bad fishy breath , Clouded eyes . Doggy Dementia . But 82 is old for a dog and she'd had a good life.

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
I never even looked at the advertising. I was just given the link after talking to someone. Telling them how old dog got to , before dementia got her. But I look at buster and think , you little whipper snapper . He's still wick at 8=48::bigsmile:

LittleRiaHen

Free Member
Jun 19, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
image.jpeg
Pigs is 10 which means that she is 56 years old. She's starting to eek and creek, looking to be lifted onto the sofa, but easily manages to leap off, knocking anyone over who gets in her path, racing outside to warn any flying objects to back off or else! She's pug with attitude! :sneaky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back