How do you pack your campervan? (1 Viewer)

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
As a newbie with a 6m campervan I’m interested to hear of any advice on storage and packing solutions.
Our van has a rear fixed bed and has lots of space underneath. So far just got a load of plastic storage boxes and filled with stuff.
But with a bit of spare time now and having put the Cadac and chairs in, it’s got a bit congested and dare I say going to be a lot of rattles.
Badly.........

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
As a newbie with a 6m campervan I’m interested to hear of any advice on storage and packing solutions.
Our van has a rear fixed bed and has lots of space underneath. So far just got a load of plastic storage boxes and filled with stuff.
But with a bit of spare time now and having put the Cadac and chairs in, it’s got a bit congested and dare I say going to be a lot of rattles.
I’ve read through the thread and come to a conclusion ...... badly! So inefficient. Another funster on here is ex military and packs the van with really enviable precision. #embarrassed

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We have a list and stick to it as much as we can - only leaving things off if we know we won't need them and only adding if found they were needed during a previous trip.

The list is done locker by locker and box by box ....... when we are at home the boxes are in a wardrobe in the utility room - all labelled up so that after washing / cleaning I know what has to go in which box. Some things do stay in the van of course but I like to bring the bedding and towels in :) They are washed whether they have been used or not.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Garratt

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Miskin
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+
Exp
Since 2017
Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 18.05.27.png

Ironside

Free Member
Sep 17, 2016
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano 695G
Exp
Since 2016
In the garage I have precision in the van swmbo has devastation in my eyes, apparently she knows where everything is unless I need it ?

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Also take it to a weighbridge once loaded and ready to go so include your food, clothing and necessary water, need not fill the tank on the latter as a litre of waster weighs one kilo. French police etc have been known to stop and check against the log book weight and or plated weight. Last summer I ditched a load of stuff as I made the mistake of weighing with 150 lires of water on board and realized after I had set off I should have had maybe 50 litres, picking up as I encountered fill up points.

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Our hymer starline is fully packed up and ready just need to add bread butter milk. And we are ready to go :love: (when it's safe to do so)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The washing machine is fine. If I was on my tod I would take it as all my clothes are easily washed and dried. Swmbo takes stuff that needs more care and needs ironing so we take an iron and ironing board.
I was living alone for 8 years between marriages and never ironed anything. I think its a woman thing.

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
Our hymer starline is fully packed up and ready just need to add bread butter milk. And we are ready to go :love: (when it's safe to do so)
Our van is the same, in fact we keep less clothes in the house than we do in the van ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back