Holland Aires and place informatiom (1 Viewer)

JoCo

Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
2015 Burstner Ixeo Time
Exp
2 years
Going to Holland 20 June. Can I have update info ;
Haarlem / Amsterdam best place to stop out of city Bike or Public transport into city.
Is Haarlem worth a lokk and good place to stay. Don't want to take MH Euro5 into city LEZ.

Are Zaanse Schloss , Voledun, Marken worth a visit , and recommend an Aire / camping place?

Look forward to your help.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Just back yesterday from Holland. Spent most of our time in Zeeland areas and its islands. Also went to Keukenhof Gardens. They do micro camping in Holland which were great. Veere. Zierikzee. Middleburg, Vlissingen. Lovely time, but costly.

brysee

Free Member
Dec 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
625se
Exp
Landsmeer 40 mins cycle into city easy access and a lovely hour or so cycle across nature reserve to harlem
Bus stop out front if no bikes and lovely little village with everything you need

20220830_182628.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Going to Holland 20 June. Can I have update info ;
Haarlem / Amsterdam best place to stop out of city Bike or Public transport into city.
Is Haarlem worth a lokk and good place to stay. Don't want to take MH Euro5 into city LEZ.

Are Zaanse Schloss , Voledun, Marken worth a visit , and recommend an Aire / camping place?

Look forward to your help.
Zaanse sluis, Volendam , Marken en Haarlem are all worth visiting , others not to be missed are Giethoorn, de veluwe nature reserve, ( large area) Valkenburg , Maastricht , Veere, in Belgium if on the way, Brugge and Antwerp đź‘Ť

OP
OP
JoCo

JoCo

Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
2015 Burstner Ixeo Time
Exp
2 years
Landsmeer 40 mins cycle into city easy access and a lovely hour or so cycle across nature reserve to harlem
Bus stop out front if no bikes and lovely little village with everything you need

View attachment 738493
Just getting my bearings on this. Is this a site to camp and access both Haarlem and Amsterdam
along a bike park ? That sounds like perfect for us. Do you have detail?

brysee

Free Member
Dec 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
625se
Exp
JoCo Yes it's lovely bike path into city and across nature reserve to harlem and others
If its warm you can swim in the lake
5 Min walk to little supermarket bakers and stuff
And a smashing shorma in the kebab shop
Camping het rietveen I think it's called
Spent a lovely week there just last year
I love all the Netherlands but find Amsterdam a bit busy but this makes it more of a holiday and very good cycling walking and take your paddleboard if you have one

20220903_104817.jpg 20220830_210428.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
JoCo

JoCo

Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
2015 Burstner Ixeo Time
Exp
2 years
JoCo Yes it's lovely bike path into city and across nature reserve to harlem and others
If its warm you can swim in the lake
5 Min walk to little supermarket bakers and stuff
And a smashing shorma in the kebab shop
Camping het rietveen I think it's called
Spent a lovely week there just last year
I love all the Netherlands but find Amsterdam a bit busy but this makes it more of a holiday and very good cycling walking and take your paddleboard if you have one

View attachment 738911 View attachment 738912
Thank you so much for the help. We cycle no paddleboard

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back