Purston Jaglin
Funster No
MH
hope to be mobile by dec
Exp
very very new
Hello all forum goers,

May i introduce myself ( Mick ) and my partner Kim,

We are looking to purchase a m/h before Christmas and have our first mini tour of the UK in early spring, but human nature being as it is, we will probably be out in it within a week of picking it up, :Blush:

As i used to admin a forum myself i know damn well the amount of information that can be gathered on places like these and i apologise in advance for my initial inquisitivness and i might seem like a sponge at times but i promise that if i can help in anyway i will ( working on the assumption that someone who knows next to nothing can ask the questions that the seasoned motorhomer wouldn't think of asking but the answer might be useful to quite a few people ) :Smile:
i.e, i used to think a cassette toilet was where you put Barry Manilow tapes
Thought Aires were people born in march
Thought wild camping was drink, drugs and fornication on site :whatthe:

We are looking to purchase a 6 berth with a double dinette at the rear like the Swift Escape 686, something about a year old that has been cured of any niggling faults... i hope,, so if anyone has bought one we would welcome any input.

1 Question, how many times can i post before i have to subscribe ? being a frugal yorkshireman, i dont want subscribe to a site before i decide which one is the best for me, i have been on 1 site and i recieved a PM but couldn't reply until i subscribed, fortunatly, the person who sent me the advice attached their mobile number so i could thank them.
I dont have a problem with subscriptions, i realise the cost of running an efficient site and associated web pages, but subscribing to 4 or 5 sites makes a dent in my touring fund.. :cry:

Anyway, i shall say au revoir before i bore you all rigid but we are looking forward to putting some faces to the names at the first meet we can get to or even by chance meetings.

Regards Mick & Kim

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I don't know the answer to your question but welcome anyway. I hope we meet up sometime. God's county indeed. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome i think you are allowed 5 posts but im sure Jim will be along to help you.

When your title said hello from Gods country i assumed you where a fellow Scot :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Dont be silly Gerry, God was a Yorkshireman tha knaws sithee :ROFLMAO:

:welcome:
Welcome to the forum Mick N Kim. Im a Yorkshireman too and I dont think £10 to join is too extravagant a price to pay even for a tight arse :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
mickandkim

mickandkim

Free Member
Oct 3, 2011
Purston Jaglin
Funster No
MH
hope to be mobile by dec
Exp
very very new
Warm welcomes

Thank you so much for the welcomes,

The quality banter on this forum, having scrolled through a lot of the forums almost seems worth the price of a chicken dopiaza, rice, naan and a pint of landlord... :Cool:

Where the heck is the bottom of my pocket????:winky:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
:Tongue1:Dopiaza - they feed bairns on that i Heckmondwike. Get thee sen a Phal or a Tindaloo. Thall soon know next morning what tha means by tight owd lad:roflmto:

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Welcome from a fellow Tyke. I'm originally from Normanton used to go to the park in Purston some times for an afternoon out! Those were the days......

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Apparently its a Netto or something now. Haven't been back since my Mum died 12 yrs ago. Where are you from then? Can you remember the changing cubicles down the side of the pool. In the winter they used to put a floor over the pool and there'd be dance classes for the kids on Sat afternoons, green poop and crisps!, and my Dad would go watch wrestling on an evening.

Sorry seem to have hi jacked the thread.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun :welcomefunster:

OP
OP
mickandkim

mickandkim

Free Member
Oct 3, 2011
Purston Jaglin
Funster No
MH
hope to be mobile by dec
Exp
very very new
Canopus, spent a few mornings clenching t'owd bum cheeks and walking daft, :Eeek:
Sue. the water in the purston park lake is actually greener than the surrounding grass, we have all on keeping the dogs from drinking it to avoid vets bills.. eee its grim up north.. :cry:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Has god moved his county then :Eeek:

Could of sworn it was right here in Sunny Cheshire.

Welcome,

:thumb:

OP
OP
mickandkim

mickandkim

Free Member
Oct 3, 2011
Purston Jaglin
Funster No
MH
hope to be mobile by dec
Exp
very very new
Sue,
Purston park is still there, normy baths is still there, on the ponty road, according to local myth, all the mums used to take the kids there on sunday for a weekly bath.. ( that myth was from a friend in ponty ) :ROFLMAO:
I'm from selby originally and kim moved to purston about 12 yrs ago so when she gets back i'll ask her on the history.. :winky:

OP
OP
mickandkim

mickandkim

Free Member
Oct 3, 2011
Purston Jaglin
Funster No
MH
hope to be mobile by dec
Exp
very very new
Haganap, i have it on good authority that god did actually intend that cheshire would be his / hers county ( being sexually correct here ) but tasted the cheese on the first visit and decided to drift north east, landed at wenslydale, tasted the cheese there, quite liked it but was loath to make a decision.. then along arrived the landlord from the local hostelry and placed a flagon of theakstons in gods hand.. god took one quaff... then another, and another... stayed silent until the flagon was dry. belched loudly , and did utter... by eck lad, tha keeps a reet ale up ere.. its ma county ..
and so it was written....
the rest is history..:ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Mick & Kim
You get about 5 posts or a couple of weeks, then some of the functionality is reduced. I see you are on 5 posts allready, the cron job runs every hour or so. When it does run it will count your posts and then dump you into the read only group. £10 gets you out for a whole year::bigsmile: Link Removed

Meanwhile good luck with the motorhome search and
Welcome to the fun. :thumb:

OP
OP
mickandkim

mickandkim

Free Member
Oct 3, 2011
Purston Jaglin
Funster No
MH
hope to be mobile by dec
Exp
very very new
Cheers Jim,
i will get the all singing and dancing Kim, holder of the mighty plastic to send subscription with as much expediecy as is possible once matalan, primark, b&m and associated stores have been raided. :cry:
Mick

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello and welcome from us too in sunny Wrenthorpe :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back