Gaslow filling (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2018
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Good morning I have fitted new Gaslow kit 2 x 11kg bottles do I leave them shut when filling.is there any way to put the gas from the old bottles into the new kit? Is there an adapter for this thanks Andy

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
You are supposed to switch the bottles off when filling. Gaslow do a flexible hose which will enable you to connect your old calor bottle to your new filler point with the calor bottle stood outside on the floor. Contact Gaslow at Loughborough.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I think you can connect your old Calor bottle but you cannot transfer the Gas to the Gas Low bottles.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Good morning I have fitted new Gaslow kit 2 x 11kg bottles do I leave them shut when filling.is there any way to put the gas from the old bottles into the new kit? Is there an adapter for this thanks Andy
You can't transfer from a Calor to a Gaslow, or any others for that matter, as the gas is put into the bottle in liquid form and 'gasses' when you open the valve so there's no way you can get the actual liquid from one bottle to the other ... well not if you don't want to risk blowing yourself up in the process!

To make use or your existing Calor bottles, you could remove one of the existing refillable bottles and attach a Calor one so you can use it up you might need to get a connector for it though if it's different to the Gaslow pipe one (I can't remember if it is or not as its so long since I used Calor!). Or you can connect it and stand it outside instead but that would mean lugging it around other than in the gas compartment which isn't ideal.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
You can get a connector hose to allow you to connect your Calor bottles to the filler point of your Gaslow.
This would allow you to use the unused gas in the Calor bottles and is also useful to have when travelling in case your refillable bottles ever run out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You can get a connector hose to allow you to connect your Calor bottles to the filler point of your Gaslow.
This would allow you to use the unused gas in the Calor bottles and is also useful to have when travelling in case your refillable bottles ever run out.
... not quite got the idea of refillable bottles have you Robert .... :D2

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I certainly have Mel
Im aware though that some places you travel to don’t sell Autogas, so carrying a spare Calor bottle gives you extra capacity.
:D ... yes, I was just teasing, it would mean you could use up your existing Calor gas and/or negate the need to move your MH if you're on site for a long while, but the issue is really if you can carry it safely other than in the gas locker as it would need to be somewhere sealed from the interior with gas drop vents.

OP
OP
Apr 12, 2018
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Thanks for all your experience and very helpful comments I didn’t know about the hose to link the old bottles so we can use the gas left good Idea takeing spare bottle in the garage does any one know the price of gas?Andy

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Gas varies a fair bit in price. Often about half the price of unleaded -I got some recently at 58p per litre but can be as high as 80p on motorway service stations. I use Filllpg app to find places This gives you prices and you can update the prices for other users if the app price is out of date.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I agree that Filllpg is the best source of information for UK supplies. Unlike some others it keeps pretty much up to date. There is an app for Android but not Apple ios. However, the web site is very useable https://www.filllpg.co.uk/?page=lpg.php I keep a shortcut icon on my home screen that takes me straight there.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
There is an easy way to transfer liquid from one bottle to another but I doubt it's approved.

Do you not have the old hose from before the installation? I'd reconnect one of those to use up the gas remaining in your old cylinder. Turn the other cylinder off. I'd expect the price of a new hose to exceed that of the gas that's remaining.

You should close the valves as a precaution, when refilling, but I often forgot and did not suffer.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
We use mylpg.eu but I suspect either will do the trick
Last year when many sites ran out of lpg I found mylpg.eu was way behind filllpg in updating their information.

Peel

Free Member
Sep 25, 2013
Carlisle
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff
Exp
Robert, I was interested in your comment about refilling from calor to gaslow.
How much of the gas transfers, I would assume it balances out rather than all transfering ?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
How much of the gas transfers, I would assume it balances out rather than all transfering ?
It doesn't 'transfer' you are just using it instead of the refillables.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
When you fill the Gaslow bottle it goes in as liquid gas, when you open the tap to use it, it comes out as gas, therefore when you open the tap to use the Calor it would be as gas and wouldn't transfer to the other bottle.

Peel

Free Member
Sep 25, 2013
Carlisle
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff
Exp
Yes sorry minxy girl, I saw your earlier comments after I’d posted that. Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun