Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Hi,

We will have a good sized garage in our new Rapido and hubbys new lightweight scooter can go in there. It can be broken down into parts for transport. I have some concerns about the scooter (assembled or in parts) moving around on roundabouts etc. I therefore need ideas for ways to secure it. Any suggestions please?

Mary

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
Our 891M has anchorage points on either side of the garage floor so you can use small ratchet type straps to secure larger items.
You will have to watch the weight though ours has a 150kg limit which sounds a lot but we easily exceeded mainly because i bought a spare wheel which weighed 30kg and that was before we started with the chairs and tables etc.
We where counting on using the garage for excess items due to there being a lot less internal storage than in our previous Autotrail.
still love the van though :thumb:

OP
OP
Wizbangs

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Thanks so much for that. I'm getting excited now. We are supposed to be able to collect it on Thurs, but not guaranteed. On Friday we have to go away on business. If I have to reload our Autotrail and take that, there will be much muttering, but at least I am used to hill starts in that one.:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We put my small mobiity scooter in the motorhome fully assembled and place it inbetween the seating area with cushions each side. Just have to make sure it isnt in the "freewheel position" then it doesnt go anywhere.

Dependent on your mobility scooter model you could always break it down and strategically place it in your bathroom so it doesnt move too.

Good luck and happy motorhoming xxxx

OP
OP
Wizbangs

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
We have to break ours down to get it into the Autotrail. No way could he/we lift it in in one piece. I didn't like having it in there though. It makes for a big missile in an accident. The new one weighs 45kg, which is a lot lighter and having a garage is a real bonus.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We dont have the luxury of a garage but I do have a brand new mobility scooter cover that I was going to put on ebay its too small for mine. If you are interested PM me. Its quite thick and would serve as added padding in the garage too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wizbangs

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Thanks for the offer. Hubby has a cover he has never even unpacked. We found so much stuff when we stripped the current one out. Unbelievable how little bits of this and that mount up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back