Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Feltwell
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2017
Just had my hymer steam cleaned and waxoyled. while under there, they noticed a small section of the garage floor, had wet rot, this was right behind the rear wheel. Would this be an easy repair, there is no damp inside the garage so I suspect it's spray off the wheel that has caused it.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Wait until it's completely dry then assuming it is reasonably firm paint over with preservative then use a piece of thin aluminium sheet to cover the affected area + a large overlap to prevent further spray damage. Mudflaps help considerably. Do both sides while you're at it. It is a known Hymer weak spot and you're right - it's spray off the rear wheels.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As Tony says not a major problem and an easy repair. An alternative repair once fully dried out would be to coat the area with a twin pack epoxy resin as used for GRP work, it will soak into the wood giving a permanently waterproof finish.

OP
OP
Norfolk Nomad

Norfolk Nomad

Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Feltwell
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks guys, I've got some ronseal preservative and iv'e just ordered some 1mm ally sheet and a pair of truck mudflaps that I can cut to size. Now just got to wait for it to dry out.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I have that to do on Helga as well,, I fear though I may have to replace a section of it! And a small upright leading from it! Cheers for advice though,, xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back