French TV on Maxview Satellite (1 Viewer)

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Currently in France waiting for the TDF to pass thru tomorrow so to save data wanted to get French TV to watch it. I've got a Maxview GPS auto skew dish with Avtex TV I keep searching all the different satellites but just seem to get UK channels but no French ones. Eurosport shows on the guide but no program comes on I guess we are too far down so how do I tune into French TDF coverage please.

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Currently in France waiting for the TDF to pass thru tomorrow so to save data wanted to get French TV to watch it. I've got a Maxview GPS auto skew dish with Avtex TV I keep searching all the different satellites but just seem to get UK channels but no French ones. Eurosport shows on the guide but no program comes on I guess we are too far down so how do I tune into French TDF coverage please.
Download the Maxview app and then you can select other satellites

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Position 1 on the Maxview by default is Astra 19E, German Eurosport is showing as FTA so maybe worth a look and a search on the transponder shown?
If the rain stops I will pop out to the van and have a look.

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 15.32.55.png

OP
OP
MichaelT

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
Position 1 on the Maxview by default is Astra 19E, German Eurosport is showing as FTA so maybe worth a look and a search on the transponder shown?
If the rain stops I will pop out to the van and have a look.

View attachment 782277
Thanks, not sure I understand it but will try astra 1l later, all I seem to get are uk chanel and astra 28.2 even though I change search . Probably user error šŸ˜

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Thanks, not sure I understand it but will try astra 1l later, all I seem to get are uk chanel and astra 28.2 even though I change search . Probably user error šŸ˜
Select Position 1 on the Maxview if a Seeker system, if different please identify which system you have. Look up that system and how you then select Astra 19.2 East. The position it transmits from is the important part not the bird itself.
Once the system has found 19.2 do an Auto search on the Avtex, if it doesn't find the channel do a manual search with the frequency, polarity etc as shown above. That should add a few channels in to the end of the list including Eurosport.
If it works you may even get a choice of commentary languages to pick from.
Good luck and shout if you need more help, it really isn't that hard.

OP
OP
MichaelT

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
Select Position 1 on the Maxview if a Seeker system, if different please identify which system you have. Look up that system and how you then select Astra 19.2 East. The position it transmits from is the important part not the bird itself.
Once the system has found 19.2 do an Auto search on the Avtex, if it doesn't find the channel do a manual search with the frequency, polarity etc as shown above. That should add a few channels in to the end of the list including Eurosport.
If it works you may even get a choice of commentary languages to pick from.
Good luck and shout if you need more help, it really isn't that hard.
OK sussed how to search on that 1 thanks but still no eurosport that works, will see how to add manually tomorrow if not will use firestick. All ready for live coverage though
20230714_182527.jpg
20230714_182601.jpg

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
On Astra1 German Eurosport (SD) is free. Commentary is only in German.
All others versions of Europsort on Astra 1 with multilanguague options are pay and needs subscription.

French TV channels (TF1 etc ) on Astra 1 are free to view...ie encrypted and need a card but no subscription.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MichaelT

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks everyone, I deleted all channels then did a scan just for Germany and now got it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back