Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
hi all,..thinking about our next trip to france, someone has told me to try a visit to ile de re, have any of you been and if so ,is it worth a visit and can anyone recomend any sites in the area? .:Smile::Smile:

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We're currently on Ile d'Oleron, we plan to visit Ile d'Rey next but we'll stay on aires. I think a lot depends on when you want to go. At the moment it's very quiet with lots not open. It obviously becomes hectic in high summer. The price of the site were on at the moment goes from €16 to €39 for July and August. We just called in here to catch up with some washing.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I love it and go everytime I am in France. I stay at a campsite on the right hand side just as you are about to enter La Flotte. BelleVue if memory serves.

It is a very short walk to the beach and about 10 minutes stroll into Harbour along the beach. I love it there :thumb:

Bridge is a bit pricey..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
I went to the island a few years ago and it is now one of my wifes favorite places in France. perfect for cycling as it is very flat, lots of pretty villages. we stayed on a municipal campsite in the main town I think its St martin but there are aires on the island as well as other campsites. The only down side is the cost of crossing the bridge to the island.:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back