h1ghway1
Mar 3, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since 2013
Today I went to Bayeux, Tourist office sent me to a campsite, unfortunately it's closed as it's being renovated. I had a quick walk around the church and then headed to Arromanches.
I'm here in the municipal campsite, about E13 for full amenities, there is a free Aire below me but only water and dumping.
I will go back to Bayeux tomorrow for the tapestry then I think I might go over Avranchess... weather good today so still feel like heading west.. would love to file a weather report from Finisterre

OP
OP
h1ghway1
Mar 3, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since 2013
Decided to have a day off driving, it's a lovely sunny day. Had a mooch about and visited museum. On my return new neighbors sporting a funsters badge. Popped over to say hello, Mr Nobody ,Red Sonia with granddaughter on hols. Nice chat and Sonia generously gave me a 12v Hella cigarette lighter so as I can keep at least one Device topped up when off grid.... another good reason to pay £15 a year...

OP
OP
h1ghway1
Mar 3, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since 2013
Final update...
Moved on towards Mont St Michel, stayed at a campsite that was closing at the weekend. Good facilities and 21e for the night... woke in the morning to low cloud and constant rain..
Carried on and ended up in Paimpol in a free aire with no services...but it was full.
Weather was great , about 18 in the day and 12 at night.. its a lovely fishing port and I spent 2 nights here.
I was thinking of heading to Brest.. but I saw St Nazaire on the map and off I went to see the WW2 submarine pens .. it was along way.. about 4 hours... the municipal aire with services was 11e a night , great value.. however there is a milk/food processing plant behind...thank god I have earlplugs -))
The pens are very impressive, but theres not much else to see as it was bombed by the allies.
So onto Le Mans... aire is situated between castle and river... beautiful... unfortunately full of travellers/gypsy types...damn it was a lovely evening , what a shame.
I decided to experience my first night in a motorway aire, I pulled into Dentelles de Alencon and parked up.
Again, thank god for earplugs as their where a few refrigerated artics parked up.
Then back to Montreuil for the last couple of nights... well just the one as they were having an overnight Zombie running event.. so I had been recommended an aire outside Wissant and ended my trip there bumping into a couple I had met earlier.. so it was nice to exchange stories.
Further lessons learned ...
Take enough teabags(Yorkshire) .. ran out and would normally default to Liptons.. however I bought Grand Jury English Breakfast... not a cup of tea but a cup of pish ..

Your butane tank is not inexhaustable...having only ever done 5 or 6 nights away before I overlooked this..
You will visit more that 10 fuel stations to top it up...

Overall I had a great time... and yes my original itinerary was way optimistic.. but that means I'll be back as they are places I want to see.
Thank you all for your inputs .. more to come in 2018.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back