Tour Guide Wanted Ferry from Algeciras to Tanger Med, Morocco (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2020
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar Roadscout
Exp
Since 2017
We are planning a 4-week trip to Morocco next month, which will be our first visit there.

Lots of Funsters seem to use Viajes Normandie (Carlos) to get ferry tickets from Algeciras to Tanger Med. Is it okay to just turn up and buy a ticket for the next day? Tickets don't have to be booked in advance?

Also, do we still need to pay for the tickets in cash? I thought I read a thread which said that Viajes Normandie now take cards.

Thanks.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Yes they take cards and you can just turn up buy the ticket for the day you want to travel with an open return and just go. There is a free place to stay overnight just near the carrafour , lidll and mercadona shops also.
Check the posts from Helen Ariel

OP
OP
helzie2020
Nov 10, 2020
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar Roadscout
Exp
Since 2017
Yes they take cards and you can just turn up buy the ticket for the day you want to travel with an open return and just go. There is a free place to stay overnight just near the carrafour , lidll and mercadona shops also.
Check the posts from Helen Ariel
I'm just reading Jane & Rog’s retirement tour at the moment. Really informative.

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Hi helzie2020 , we just rocked up and bought our tickets from Carlos. We could have gone the same day if we’d wanted to but went a couple of days later as we bought an open return.
We paid by card as we wanted to save our cash for Morocco.
Fee free cash withdrawal at he cash machine outside the Maroc Post.

Any other info check Jimbohorlicks excellent thread or ask on our current one.

It’s exceeding our expectations so far!

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
You also get a €10 reduction if you mention MotorhomeFun plus a free bottle of wine and a Swiss roll,
€270 for two plus Van 7.5 metre on an open return ticket,
It was busy Saturday but very efficient and preferable to going to the docks and possibly saving a few Euro, no problem with a card,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back