gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Hi all ,, we have a 2021 Elddis 155 and I want to fit a conventional 240v socket in the external electrical cupboard next to the incoming electrical point. Under the bed behind the electric box I've found the electrical plug the socket fits to , but looking on line I'm not sure what to buy.
If anyone has fitted one could they please help with where to order the correct socket

Cheers Paul

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Just use an adaptor as and when you need it. . We have a selection of 3 round pin to continental mains plugs, some with fly leads. We use them to plug in the mini oven when we use it outside. Most DIY stores have them, as well as site shops. There's all sorts and combinations; seek and ye shall find. Eg: https://www.amazon.co.uk/16-amp-splitter/s?k=16+amp+splitter
Would you then not be dependent upon the bollard RCD and how effective \ safe would that be given possible reverse polarity issues on continental sites?:unsure:
Think I'd prefer the option of a 13A trailing socket connected after the van RCD. Having said that, we've got an "external" 13A socket in our garage locker.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Photo of socket may help people know what your after.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Would you then not be dependent upon the bollard RCD and how effective \ safe would that be given possible reverse polarity issues on continental sites
Yes as regards RCD - but if that is a concern to you for some reason then just use a plug in RCD like you use on a lawnmower or pressure washer.

As regards "reverse polarity" I refuse to be drawn into that due to:
(1) it being a total non issue unless you have single pole switches AND simultaneously stick your hands into the appliance when it's plugged in
and
(2) having insufficient popcorn :think: 🍿🍿

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
I can't find a picture/link but at our last dealer visit, we saw an ehu cable where the the female end (to plug into your van) also had a socket to plug devices in outside. Would this answer your problem?

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
That's the puppy. Bloody handy piece of kit by the looks of it.
I have one and like it because the cable doesn’t stick out when plugged in, cable goes straight down.

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
I have one and like it because the cable doesn’t stick out when plugged in, cable goes straight down.
Yes, we saw a Dutch couple on a site outside Malborg a couple of weeks ago with one and it really tidied things up quite a bit, as well as giving the advantage of the outside socket!

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
I use one of those plugs ready for when we are lucky enough to want to use the toaster or Remoska outside
BUT, as has ben said, be very aware that you are connecting before your RCCB and therefore your only protection comes from the site bollard trip- which may or not work properly.
I use an inline RCD wired into the lead going to the "toaster" socket and an external grade socket outlet in case its laying in damp grass.
If in any doubt look up the story about the girl killed by mains fairy lights on damp grass
As stated you may not get two chances with mains electric.
Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back