LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I've been to witherspoons a few times ...actually probably about 2 dozen times. A social group I used to be part of held our monthly meeting in them as we got a discount.
Veteran's Breakfast Club members get together on a regular basis all over Britain in Spoons establishments. They can't all be wrong, can they Tam?

Been to benidorm twice , first time for 93 minutes , felt I'd been unfair slagging it off so the next time I stayed 24 hours , once the morning Stench of vomit and piss from my walk along the promenade had left me I decided my first opinion was correct lol. If you like tack, cheap beer, American style fast food, noise, full English breakfasts for €2 and topless sunburnt brits moaning at their children its a great place .
You obviously didn't wander very far, or chose the wrong time of year. If it was like that, we wouldn't be coming most winter's.
You are right, Benidorm Centro is not Spain, but you don't have to wander far to find authentic Spanish cuisine and surroundings. As posted previously, the No 1, No 2, and No 10 buses will take you cheaply to outlying destinations, which are very much Spanish.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Veteran's Breakfast Club members get together on a regular basis all over Britain in Spoons establishments. They can't all be wrong, can they Tam?

I think it's just a matter of taste, I didn't say the food was bad just very typical pub grub ...better than a McDonald's for the money but not fine dining by any stretch.

You obviously didn't wander very far, or chose the wrong time of year. If it was like that, we wouldn't be coming most winter's.
You are right, Benidorm Centro is not Spain, but you don't have to wander far to find authentic Spanish cuisine and surroundings. As posted previously, the No 1, No 2, and No 10 buses will take you cheaply to outlying destinations, which are very much Spanish.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Of course I was all over Spain jock , but the outlying areas aren't really benidorm ...benidorm itself is what I described for most of the tourists who go there ...its cheap , English speaking, English catering food etc and some dodgy bars. Hen dos, stag dos, cheap weekend breaks in the sun etc.

I understand why folk go there if they want a cheap sunny holiday. But not if they want to see Spain....not when there are literally hundreds of other Spanish seaside locations.

It's like Blackpool....I've never seen the attraction with that either.

Each to there own and all that...but 3 miles south of beni is villajoyosa...a lovely wee town .

Jan 22, 2017
Bristol
Funster No
MH
DAF LF Conversion
Exp
Since 2013
Just as a reference for anyone who has not had a decent burger, this is what it looks like 😋😋😋
View attachment 873788

I'm sure it tasted nice enough but it's a bit of a plate (it's not even a plate is it?) full of clichés...

The fake fryer basket, the 70's ketchup pot (why is there even ketchup there?) And the gold leaf because that's posh innit?

Go on, how much?

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
This was a meal my sister and bil had at a restaurant recently.... I can't remember how much exactly they said it cost but were terribly offended when I said it looked like a load of pretentious crap. ... we differ a lot my sister and I..... she will happily pay over the odds for stuff like this which in my opinion is just ridiculous looking 🙄

The thing is they are both very overweight and when they cook themselves the plates are piled high ...so they probably also bought a takeaway after spending a weeks wage on this lot 🤣
Screenshot_20240314_004853_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240314_004900_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240314_004907_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240314_004913_Instagram.jpg

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I'm sure it tasted nice enough but it's a bit of a plate (it's not even a plate is it?) full of clichés...

The fake fryer basket, the 70's ketchup pot (why is there even ketchup there?) And the gold leaf because that's posh innit?

Go on, how much?
€20 in a nice restaurant in a lovely German village!!

Oh and ketchup for the chips😋😋

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
That be the one you had in Dinkelisbuhl, not bad but not a patch on the burgers at the Foresters Arms in Brockenhurst.
Yes that is the one and I think a few Funsters have also been there on my recommendation and came away happy😋😋😋

Not been to the Brockenhurst one so cannot comment but it will have to be very very good to beat this🤔🤔🤔

The one I had in the little restaurant in Brugge came close to this one🤤🤤🤤

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Yes that is the one and I think a few Funsters have also been there on my recommendation and came away happy😋😋😋

Not been to the Brockenhurst one so cannot comment but it will have to be very very good to beat this🤔🤔🤔

The one I had in the little restaurant in Brugge came close to this one🤤🤤🤤
You really need to try the Brockenhurst one makes the German one look a McD, well not quite. 😊

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

A Group of guys, all turning 40, discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Wetherspoons in Uxbridge because the waitresses had big breasts and wore mini-skirts.​

Ten years later, at age 50, the friends once again discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Wetherspoons in Uxbridge because the waitresses were attractive. The food and service was good and the beer selection was excellent.

Ten years later, at age 60, the friends again discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Wetherspoons in Uxbridge because there was plenty of parking, they could dine in peace and quiet with no loud music, and it was good value for money.

Ten years later, at age 70, the friends discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Wetherspoons in Uxbridge because the restaurant was wheelchair accessible and had a toilet for the disabled.

Ten years later, at age 80, the friends discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Wetherspoons in Uxbridge because they had never been there before.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back