Euros 2024 (1 Viewer)

DanRowling

Free Member
Dec 14, 2023
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Hi guys and gals.
I'm new to the motorhome world but have hired one for a week round the UK before.
My dad and I are going to be travelling to Germany in our new motorhome, once purchased in June.
I'm looking for any tips on how to find the best camp sites around Gelsenkirchen and Frankfurt please. I've used pitchup and nothing is really coming up. I've heard they may add extra sites for the euros, does anyone have any info or tips please.
Dan

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Try park4night or searchforsites, they are helpful in finding campsites.
Is it a new van for June delivery ?
Do you have a guaranteed delivery date, by all accounts many new builds are frequently delayed šŸ˜•

w2f

OP
OP
DanRowling

DanRowling

Free Member
Dec 14, 2023
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Thanks figaro, sorry I wasn't clear. Were getting it in January but the trip is in June.
Can you book months ahead on those two sites

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Hi guys and gals.
I'm new to the motorhome world but have hired one for a week round the UK before.
My dad and I are going to be travelling to Germany in our new motorhome, once purchased in June.
I'm looking for any tips on how to find the best camp sites around Gelsenkirchen and Frankfurt please. I've used pitchup and nothing is really coming up. I've heard they may add extra sites for the euros, does anyone have any info or tips please.
Dan
JockandRita

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks figaro, sorry I wasn't clear. Were getting it in January but the trip is in June.
Can you book months ahead on those two sites
Those sites will give you links to campsites and Stelplatz (motorhome parking), youā€™ll be able to book the sites but not normally the Stelplatz

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We are off to Austria to avoid the Euros, but I am a footy fan and if I were going to that area (which is a great area to go to for a majority of the games) I wouldnt look at being too close and would look at train lines that hit the 3 or 4 host cities, (on the presumption you dont have motorbike transport and sober enough to use it after games) and then look at the Stellplatzes in that area.
I would be using campercontact app to locate those stells and also be looking for towns that have big screens in the towns.

We were in Trier a few years ago and it was one hell of a party all night when Tony Kroos scored the last minute goal against the Swedes (i think) to keep Ze Germans in the tournament.

Have a great time

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back