Engine cutting out 2.2 puma engine (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
My little day van cut out yesterday after a 100 mile, mostly motorway trip, started up straight away and drove 100 miles home without problems until I got back, started straight away today but lost power after a mile or so engine was ticking over but nothing when pressing the accelerator. Turned off and started OK. I've purchased a new fuel filter to start with even though only done 5K since last changed. Any ideas? Peugeot Boxer 2.2 puma engine, no engine management lights come on, 80K miles.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I have in the back of my mind that this can happen with a faulty or intermittent brake light switch as normally diesel vehicle engines go to tick over when the brakes are applied.
Also the same if you have cruise control but the eml usually lights.

OP
OP
Boringfrog
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Plugged in a Torque OBD reader and read error codes with two different software nothing, started and ticking over really rough and cutting out after a minute or so. Friend has a more professional reader will try that tomorrow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Boringfrog
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Went for a short drive and fill up with fuel this Morning, van seemed to run perfectly, ticking over fine too. Will still get my mate to check for any error codes later today.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
could be the suction control valve. Cheap part that can cause the engine to be a right pain. Running fine then put your foot down and the engine stalls or goes straight to limp mode. Had this happen in the outside lane on a motorway before. All it was was a tiny amount of corrosion on the internal pin causing it to stick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back