Eline frost stat. (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I’m trying to find the frost stat while I’m still in sunny Spain rather than when I’m back in Scotland, I’m sure I found it before but I’ve searched everywhere and even perused the manual. It’s an I50 model that I have.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I’m trying to find the frost stat while I’m still in sunny Spain rather than when I’m back in Scotland, I’m sure I found it before but I’ve searched everywhere and even perused the manual. It’s an I50 model that I have.
Do you mean the dump valve for the hot water, if so you will have trouble as I don't think it has one.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Just checked with my mate, no frost stat just a manual drain valve.
I beleive the reason is you can't run the heating on an Alde without water in the boiler.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Just checked with my mate, no frost stat just a manual drain valve.
I beleive the reason is you can't run the heating on an Alde without water in the boiler.
Im sure you can Lenny, I’ll have to check now I’m doubting myself but I was sure you could.
I think the dump is in the boiler👍

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Im sure you can Lenny, I’ll have to check now I’m doubting myself but I was sure you could.
I think the dump is in the boiler👍
I would also be interested to find out. I have drained the water system, and turned the pump and boiiler off. However, I have left the heater on at 8% as a frost protection. System is Alde.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I would also be interested to find out. I have drained the water system, and turned the pump and boiiler off. However, I have left the heater on at 8% as a frost protection. System is Alde.
The heating circuit is independent of the water circuit, so it should be fine👍

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
BnBJwf Sorry just re read your post, you haven’t turned off the Alde completely at the panel have you? Did you mean you have turned off the water “cheese” and put the heating to 8 deg?

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
BnBJwf Sorry just re read your post, you haven’t turned off the Alde completely at the panel have you? Did you mean you have turned off the water “cheese” and put the heating to 8 deg?
No, the panel is still on. The boiler is turned off. The heating is turned on with the temperature set to 8⁰C.
Many thanks for your message.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I checked with my mate he has an E Line and he reckoned you get all sorts of problems if you run the heating without water in the tank and it's best avoided, his van is 2018.

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
I checked with my mate he has an E Line and he reckoned you get all sorts of problems if you run the heating without water in the tank and it's best avoided, his van is 2018.
In fairness, if I have the water charged, the thing shouldn't freeze up anyway as the MH should stay at 8⁰C?
Thanks for the warning.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I can’t see how Lenny (not doubting your mate) the circuits are totally independent of one another, I’ve remembered I’ve run the heating in mine without water for the last two winters now (always drained the water off) and never had any problems👍

That’s what I like about this van, everything works as it should! Sure I’m always looking, I even ordered a new van at one point (but couldn’t see the order through) but when I get back in this van everything is “just right”👍👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back