Electronics advice please HDMI (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I have an Icecrypt satellite receiver to access Intelsat 907 as part of my system. This has worked fine until last year when trying to use it for the first time after a year or so, I started getting a 'no signal message'. The connection between the Icecrypt and my Avtex TV is a HDMI cable, so the first thing I tried was was the alternative HDMI input on the Avtex, the second was a new HDMI cable, still 'no signal'.
The Icecrypt also has an AV out 3.5 socket, and the Avtex has the Red White and Yellow AV input sockets, so I thought I'd try that, and low and behold it worked perfectly! Since the Avtex TV has two HDMI inputs, and neither works I'm inclined to thinl the problem lies with the Icecrypt HDMI output.
Does this sound reasonable and is this the sort of thing that can be repaired? What is the difference quality wise between HDMI and a AV cable in this application? Is it worth trying to get the HDMI cable working?

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Can you get a second TV in use it's HDMI? That will confirm if output is there?
Not easily, but the Avtex has two separate HDMI sockets, and neither works.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
That doesn't really tell you if the signal is actually coming down the line though. Hence pop another TV in there to test. For all you know the HDMI chip in your avtex TV is corrupt?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Can you get a second TV in use it's HDMI? That will confirm if output is there?
I was just about to say that.
Can't you just take the Icecrypt box indoors and try it on your TV there, you only need to see the boot up screen to know the output is working.

Have you tried a diffent HDMI cable they have electronics in them and sometimes fail.

The quality will be OK from the AV output will be acceptable on moving images as long as you haven't got a 50" screen in the van. May be pixely on static images.

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Good point about second TV. We're away tomorrow for a couple of days, when we get back
I'll dismantle the kitchen TV wall mount and try that. Jacksons want £150 for an Icecrypt replacement, so It;s worth a try.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I had simular with a humax box, no HDMI, I used vidio out leads to get it working, then looked at the output setting, I changed it to 720p, it then works, I then changed it back to 1080 and it still worked, so far no more problems.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Yes correct , it seems weird but all I can think off is the output setting got scrambled, resetting them seemed to sort it out. So far anyways

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back