Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
about 8
Whilst away on holiday last week this happened........................... When I started the engine the step did not automatically retract (it works OK using the button inside the accomodation door). I then noticed that the control panel had not cut out, and finally the fridge was not working on battery...................all these things should happen when the engine is started. I have looked at all the fuses that I know about (there are probably lots more hidden away somewhere). Has anyone got any ideas, please.
On top of that, there is a rumbling coming from (what appears to be) the nearside front wheel...............could this be the start of a wheel bearing going??
The MH is a 2007 Autocruise Starspirit.
Any help or advice would be appreciated (especially on the electrical issue - the rumbling noise Ill peobably get the local dealer to check out, to be on the safe side, as We're on holiday again soon).
Thanks in advance.

atakd

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since '99
Hi
We have a Starspirit and your symptoms sound like a stuck solenoid to me. Have you checked the electronic control panel beneath the drivers seat - from memory there are a couple of solenoids on the PCB here which you could try tapping gently after starting the engine to see if one is stuck. It is quite difficult to access and you may have to remove the drivers seat.
Also, according to a thread on the dark side, this company
Link Removed
made the electronics and might be worth speaking to.

Good luck.
Andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back