Free Member
Aug 31, 2011
Sudbury Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Three Years
I have an electric step on my Bessacarr ( two steps ) it would not retract last time I tried but the warining buzzer stayed on whille the ignition or engine is on, I pushed it back manually to allow me to get home, on inspection there seems to be one " bolt " that drives the step from the motor, on the outside of the " bolt " there is a spring clip holding it in, the " bolt " had actually sheared in two, the end with the clip on I can get at but the other end is stuck in the motor, how do I get it out, any assistance would be greatly appreciated,

Cabbyshack :cry::cry:

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
It's probably a shear pin and designed to do that to prevent breaking the step/motor/van. Although they seem to get weaker over time and then shear at the most inconvenient times.

Can you push the remaining bit through and out the other end? Or use something to grip it from the viewable side and pull it out? Difficult to say without seeing it. Could you post a picture?

When you say it's stuck in the motor do you mean the actual motor or the link from the motor to the step?

OP
OP
Cabbyshack

Cabbyshack

Free Member
Aug 31, 2011
Sudbury Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Three Years
Hi! BwB . I can see it in the motor aperture but do not know if it will just " pull " out, I will try later today to see if it will, thanks, if it does is it easy to get a replacement " bolt / shaft " ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back