Dreamfinder owner from Bristol (1 Viewer)

G

gerrysw1

Deleted User
Hello out there
My wife and I come from Bristol and a year ago we bought a Galaxy Dreamfinder which we love to bits. We have travelled to France a couple of times and recently spent a wonderful week visiting Yorkshire and the very North East Coast passing on the way everyone else travelling to the South West!. I honestly don't know why we bother with France as the the UK is so beautiful and the natives friendly! Well mostly.....

The purpose of this post is to ask if anyone owns a Dreamfinder as so far we have never clapped eyes on another. I know they were built in Barnsley and that the firm is no longer trading so they must be a rare breed. So if you own one or know a man who does please let me know as we would love to exchange notes.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hello welcome to the fun. i catch my own dreams. when i can find them. cant help you with the knowledge you need have fun we do alan.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi, as you say , no longer trading , found this review..

DREAMFINDER GALAXY
DREAMFINDER GALAXY AND GALAXY SE

‘IT SHOULD BE SAID THAT THE REAR LOUNGE ARRANGEMENT WORKS VERY WELL.’

The Basics
The two-berth Dreamfinder Galaxy range is based on Fiat’s popular Ducato and powered by either 2.3 or 2.8-litre JTD common-rail turbo-diesel powerplant. You certainly have a great deal of choice with the Galaxy range, you can buy this vehicle in short, medium or long wheelbase form - all are high roof conversions based on the steel panel van. The Galaxy has an end lounge, something that many potential owners will be pleased about.

First Impressions
Finished in Silver, this vehicle’s external appearance is smart without being to over the top. Dreamfinder has opted for the understated look with the Galaxy. Step inside and you’ll find an interior that’s thoroughly modern, well finished and actually quite spacious. The interior colour scheme is subtle and predominately blue with cloth and leather upholstery. The woodwork is finely manufactured and pale in finish.

It’s not perfect though – the seating is rather upright which means that it’s not easy to lounge around in the Galaxy. With their low backs, the seats are not all that comfortable, but the standard of finish is well up to the mark.

Practicalities
The SE model differs from the standard Galaxy in that it has a longer list of standard features. In fact, the SE spec sheet turns this model from an averagely-specified motorhome into something quite luxurious. For instance, the SE comes with a 1500w power inverter, Dometic Blizzard 1500 air-conditioning system, an Omnistore 6002 electric awning, reversing sensor, a fully-integrated Panasonic Sat-Nav and radio, a DVD/CD player, leather padded TV shelf and leather trimmed rear doors.

All Galaxy models come complete with a 240-volt hook up with RCB protection. Storage provision is very generous with roof lockers all-round and a large overcab locker is provided for larger items. Additional stowage space is available under the bed and under the raised floor at the rear of the motorhome. One very useful item that will be appreciated by any owner or hirer of this model is the Auto Drain feature, where you can control the waste tank drainage system from inside the van.

Living Conditions
On entering through the rear doors you walk into the rear lounge with twin facing settees on either side of you. Continue walking through and the kitchen is on your left with the washroom on your right. The fridge is curiously placed underneath the wardrobe just behind the driver’s seat, while behind the passenger’s swivelling cab seat you will find the sink. The nearside sliding door is situated behind the kitchen and you’ll have to raise a hinged worktop to gain access from outside.

It should be said that the rear lounge arrangement works very well and there’s plenty of space for dining. The removable table can be stored away in its own dedicated storage unit.

Cooking, Sleeping and Washing
Dreamfinder have equipped the kitchen with a Dometic overhead extractor which helps to remove all those cooking smells, a Smev four- burner hob with electric ignition and over the cook lighting. You can opt for a microwave instead of a gas oven if you so wish.

As for the sleeping arrangements, the dinette can be converted into a double bed but it’s not very simple to set up. It’s not too easy to get in and out of bed either because this double-bed covers almost the entire rear of the motorhome. Therefore there’s nowhere to go but out of the rear doors or into the kitchen.

The plastic lined washroom comes with a tip-up basin, a decent shower and plenty of bathroom storage. Particularly good is the halogen lighting which lights up the washroom very well indeed. With prices starting from £26,950, Dreamfinder have produced a selection of motorhomes that offers exceptional value for money.

FACTS AT A GLANCE
MOTORHOME: Dreamfinder Galaxy and Galaxy SE
PRICE: Galaxy from £26,950 / Galaxy SE from £34,900 (All prices are OTR and include VAT plus 5 year warrantee
BASED ON: Fiat Ducato
PAYLOAD: (2.8-litre) 750kg
MTPLM :3200kg
BERTHS: 2
WILL IT FIT ON YOUR DRIVEWAY?: Length 5.505/ Width 1.998m/Height 2.565m (High Roof)
WHO TO SEE?: Dreamfinder Motorhomes, Unit 2, North Gawber Industrial Estate, Mapplewell, Barnsley S75 6BP. Tel: 01226 380555 www.dreamfindermotorhomes.co.uk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

gerrysw1

Deleted User
Wow what a response! Very many thanks for that. The review is quite correct about setting up the bed! My wife who is somewhat more petite than I clambers over the the bed like a demon whist I watch from deep in the van!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

maybe you could post a few pics.. ?

could only find one on line and it was tiny .. :Sad:

and I forgot to say ... .. welcome to the Fun .. :Smile:

jim

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
WELCOME to MH Fun

Good to have you join us.
Some pictures would be nice, sounds great from the write up found by jim.
If you think England's scenic you should venture further north of the border to Scotland then you will see some scenery. The locals seem friendly to.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi and welcome to the FUN, as you are so close why not join us at the Shepton Mallet show next week full details below, too late to book online but you can pay at the gate and come and join us lots of funsters going, just ask directions to motorhome FUN camping area.

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back