Drafts (1 Viewer)

Oct 23, 2022
Middlesbrough, UK
Funster No
MH
SwiftKontiki Gr Prix
Exp
Since 2002
We have just purchased a Swift Kontiki 794 Grand Prix on a Fiat Ducato Euro 6 (the latest one) chassis. We are experiencing drafts along the floor, we think they are coming from the cab area. Any ideas where they are coming from and how to stop them please.

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Can't see where the fridge is in the layout photos I've found .. but we get a serious draft coming in around ours, from the external vents. I've managed to get in via the vents and pack around the fridge body with lengths of foam water pipe insulation, which cures most of it. I have (temporarily) masked off most of the vents internally for winter as the little draft that's left is bloody cold.

First quick check was to put masking tape around and if possibe under the front of the fridge over the crack.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Try where the seatbelt straps come through as we had bad draughts from them on a Chausson, also there used to be a vent under the cab seats which allowed cold air in, have a shuftie in the seat bases but if you can't see anything there or can't access them fully see if you can see anything under them externally.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
If I remember correctly, the last time I took the cover of my starter battery on my Fiat X250, I could see vent holes underneath.

If the cover is not completely sealed down by those silly plastic twist catches, there maybe be draughts coming from there.?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back