Dometic fridge problem (1 Viewer)

GM

Jun 5, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift escape
Hi funsters
This is my first post so be gentle.
Been having an intermittent issue with our fridge, dometic 8ER series 2018 ish, happened twice now and haven't got a clue as to what causes it to just switch off, or at least all pannel lights to go out, seems to be on ehu only at night time, I reset the power control box and it seems to rectify the situation. Any advice as to what might be going on would be much appreciated.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Low voltage on the EHU ... the fridge reverts to gas when it senses low mains voltage
common on some smaller sites at peak times when everyone is using power to cook or heat.

hence .. when no one is using much power it's ok

seems to be on ehu only at night time

and :pink:

I hope you stay and become a full member. there is a wealth of knowledge about motorhomes and also useful stuff on just about any topic..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

GM

Jun 5, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift escape
Low voltage on the EHU ... the fridge reverts to gas when it senses low mains voltage
common on some smaller sites at peak times when everyone is using power to cook or heat.

hence .. when no one is using much power it's ok
Thanks Jim
If low voltage was the cause and it switched over to gas, would that also cause all the pannel lights to go out, when it happens there's no alarm or pre warning and no indicator lights on the pannel, everything is blank, if it switched to gas as a default would I still expect to see some pannel light? Apologies if I'm not explaining this accurately.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks Jim
If low voltage was the cause and it switched over to gas, would that also cause all the pannel lights to go out, when it happens there's no alarm or pre warning and no indicator lights on the pannel, everything is blank, if it switched to gas as a default would I still expect to see some pannel light? Apologies if I'm not explaining this accurately.
yes, I agree, but to be honest, I'm not 100% sure ..

I'll let someone else pitch in who has that fridge model

Upvote 0

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
not sure of your model BUT our current and previous Dometic fridge lights/indications go off. Fridge carries on doing what fridges are supposed to do. Only when you touch the display to switch off or change temp etc does it light up!

64$ Q is it working?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

GM

Jun 5, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift escape
not sure of your model BUT our current and previous Dometic fridge lights/indications go off. Fridge carries on doing what fridges are supposed to do. Only when you touch the display to switch off or change temp etc does it light up!

64$ Q is it working?
It's working thx, I will leave it next when lights go out and monitor temp drop, I have tried to enter a function when lights are off with no joy, as I say I'll wait till it happens again, as I'm sure it will and try the display as you mentioned, thx for advice

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back