Does your Alde heating work well on EHU? (1 Viewer)

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
Alde work in kW but sites work in Amps so you need to know and use the formula so as not to select too many kW on your Alde or you'll trip the electric supply! You also need to ask the site what the maximum Amps supplied is available.

First start by converting kilowatts to watts, which can be done by multiplying the power in kW by 1,000 to get the number of watts. Finally, apply the Watt's Law formula and divide the number of watts by the voltage (240) to find the Amps.

So 1 kW = 4 Amps
2 kW = 8 Amps
3 kW = 12.5 Amps

As has been said gas works best and fastest but why not use what you have paid for?
Thanks for your post ?. When in France I pay for 10amps, does that mean in my new van that has Alde I should never go to 3 KW, I guess as there it would only be for hot water so maybe not even necessary! The Swift van has a system where you tap in your power supply details and it stops it tripping if overloaded, they said for example if heating was on and you boiled a kettle the heating would be turned off automatically until the kettle boiled, that was when I was looking at it, I have not had the handover yet so an interesting thing to find out more about ?. Thanks again

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back