Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
When travelling abroad with the M/H, do you have to have the origional documents to show if stopped, V5, insurance, MOT etc, or will photo copies suffice.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Originals only excepted, but take photocopies as well in case of loss or theft.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
You will need the original documents, photo copies are not acceptable. It may be worthwhile taking a set of copies with you in case of theft or loss.

Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
FWIW I've scanned all my important docs [house etc as well as motor and travel] and stored them as attachments in my internet email account. That way I can call them up from anywhere and print off a copy if I manage to lose the originals. Doomsayers will no doubt chide me about security, but it works for me! And as for the original question - I refuse to buy all the bits and pieces that are now 'compulsory' but religiously carry the original docs with me when abroad. I've been stopped once, and produced them with a smile [and no, I wasn't asked to produce a warning triangle, set of bulbs, breathalyser, French-made St Christopher...]

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
FWIW I've scanned all my important docs [house etc as well as motor and travel] and stored them as attachments in my internet email account. That way I can call them up from anywhere and print off a copy if I manage to lose the originals. Doomsayers will no doubt chide me about security, but it works for me! And as for the original question - I refuse to buy all the bits and pieces that are now 'compulsory' but religiously carry the original docs with me when abroad. I've been stopped once, and produced them with a smile [and no, I wasn't asked to produce a warning triangle, set of bulbs, breathalyser, French-made St Christopher...]

kriky didnt know you needed them:Eeek:, I better get on ebay:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back