Dealing with Diesel Disaster and Eurostar Dilemma (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Jizer brings back many memories of cleaning up engine bays in the 70/80's. Just brush it on everything, leave for a sannie & cup of Tea break, then put the garden hose all over it, watch the shinny bits appear in front of your eyes.
We didnt have to worry about so much electronics and sensors for everything in those days, just a distributor cap, HT plug leads and coil.(y)
Years later someone I knew had oil flicked all over his engine bay & engine, he asked the garage that fixed the leak if they could steam clean the engine & engine bay as it looked so horrible. The answer he got was NO we cannot steam clean it as there are too many loom connectors & ECU's in there that don't like water anywhere near them. I have a feeling it was a French make car, so understandable really, as they were renowned for having many electrical faults back then.
Anyhow,AlunandFelicie hope you continue without any further problems on your romantic road trip, enjoy the views & Cities at this early season time, enjoy a few beers for me, have a long lie in & van brunch each day, it will take your mind off any bad weather you may experience at this time.
Good luck.
LES

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I can still smell bloody diesel 🙁🙁
Sure it’s not someones aftershave😳😳😳
80A163DA-9E35-4402-A973-D969BF126061.jpeg