Dark colored German panel vans (1 Viewer)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We also have a new PVC on order, and decided (eventually) to go for silver. But I had to think long and hard about the colour. The subject of the OP's question was very much on my mind. In fact, there were only 3 choices available: white (standard), Golden-White (metallic), or silver (metallic). The metallic's were an extra £655.

We wanted fixed twin singles in a sub-6m van - a rare beast. Then along came the new Rapido Dreamer D58:

http://www.dreamer-van.co.uk/fourgon-dreamer-d58.php

It's a so-called budget van, but the quality seemed OK to me and has the same insulation as the standard Rapido PVCs. We owned a Rapido previously and like the brand. We wanted a comfortmatic gearbox and quite a few extra bits and bobs - so had to be a factory order. Unfortunately, won't be built/converted until May.

I read an article in the January 2016 'Which Motorhome' mag last week, indicating order books for Dreamers are now full for 2016 models, and they're not taking any more. Glad we got in quick - ordered mid-October. There are, however, a handful in stock around the dealers.

In case it's of interest, there are just two other sub-6m vans with fixed twin single beds for 2016: Globecar 'Globestar 600L' and Knaus 'Boxstar 600 Lifetime' - unless anybody knows different?

Mike

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Yep but the extra cost of a different colour put me off!
To be fair though I quite like the white anyway.

I wanted white... But there was not one in the range in that colour. So we had to compromise a wee bit... Ended up with Golden White .But no way would I have settled for a colour I didn't like.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back