Cover for a panel van motorhome (1 Viewer)

Barge Safran

Free Member
Aug 29, 2016
Banbury
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
Since 2000
Hi

I want to buy a fitted cover to protect a our brand new panal van motorhome from the elements and prying eyes when she is not in use.

What should I look out for?
What should I avoid?

Sometimes we will be traveling from A to B and need to take the cover with us. As we won't have much internal storage, a small folded up size is important.

Thank you

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
My Dad bought a cover for his motorhome some years ago for a small Pilote A class. It caused more damage with the cover rubbing against the paintwork in the wind and taking it on and off that he only used it a few times. I seem to remember it was huge and quite heavy and difficult to fit too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Barge Safran

Barge Safran

Free Member
Aug 29, 2016
Banbury
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
Since 2000
Thank you, these are the issues I want to know about.

I just know what my car looks like after it's been sitting in a car park for a couple of weeks.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Our PVC has lived outside for three years since new. It's fine. The only chore is twice a year I get the tall step ladders out and give the roof a through wash and wax it.

I suspect a cover to take with you would be a non-stater if only because of the bulk and I think you would need to carry some sort of ladder with you to get it fitted as dragging it across the roof would be problematic, though I suppose you could use poles to lift it up.

The trick is to use your MH - not store it - if you can of course. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back