Connecting satellite to built in TV / Autotrail 'Media Pack' (1 Viewer)

bob and jules

Free Member
May 27, 2009
Goosnargh Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Feb 2009
Hi all,

Been doing a lot of reading on here about satellite systems, all of which has been very informative. However we've got a new Autotrail Chieftan G with one of these new fangled Media Packs with a drop down TV over the cab and I cant see how to connect from a Freesat or Sky box into the TV without taking the cab apart! I know the obvious answer would be to use the existing connection from the on board digi system but the input from the Status aerial and output to the TV are extremely difficult to get at. We've had the same problem on sites where there is no digital and have had to use an analoge booster cable from the leccy bollard direct into the separate TV we installed in the bedroom area.

Has anyone solved this or is there a simple answer and I'm just dim??!!:Eeek:

Bob

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
any built in system has this problem. only 2 options, create an access point or install a second TV I'm afraid. if there are antenna connection points around the van you could plug your box into one of those. could do the job.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I have seen this done on a older style Autotrail where the freeview box is in a cupboard. They used some sort of switcher where you had to manually choose Sat or Freeview.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Hi Bob,
I agree with Wildman, forget the built in tv, it's too small anyway and once you fit curtains to seperate the cab from the habitation area (which you will do if you use the Chief in the winter) you can't see it either!
We fitted a new tv in the lounge area secured to the sink cupboard wall and use a seperate sat receiver and dish. This position also allows you to sit the better way round, ie back to the cab, utilising the full height back supports, which you don't have by the entrance door. pm me if you want to discuss routing of cables.
Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back