Concorde Concerto 2005 review (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
2005 Concorde Concerto 645G on Iveco 3 litre manual left hand drive. 166hp. 6.48 metres.

After a few months of using the van I can say it is very good.

Winterisation is brilliant, the Alde heating is great as is the front Truma Trumatic E heater which heats between the electric pull down shutter and windscreen, this keeps the windscreen clear in winter(tried it last weekend in the overnight cold) and you can just use with the shutter up and the vents turned towards the lounge which gives immediate heat whilst the Alde warms up.(Great addition and very expensive option at 1300 euros when ordering)

All tanks and pipes are located in a big heated double floor, insulation is great all round. You could go skiing at minus 30+ in this one no problem as long as you have gas.

Iveco 3 litre engine has immense power for a 45
concerto dash lundberg.jpg
concerto lundberg.jpg
00kg van, it goes up hills in 5th and 6th gear, amazing. No CAT, no DPF or fancy electrickery, first generation Iveco 3 litre cam chain, 97,779 km so 60000 miles, Cab air con, cruise. No mods done to lights or speedo(still km), fog lights.

Beds comfortable although the front pulldown is very heavy and you need to be strong to get it back up, rear single is very comfortable. Front 2 seats swivel and rise to meet the lounge floor height, would have loved floor same height or the whole floor to raise as in some models.

Very robust and feels like its built from granite inside, all doors quality, for example bog door is very thick and solid with a heavy duty lock on, not like the thin bits of warped veneer we had on previous vans.
concerto dash lundberg.jpg

Goldschmitt rear air with dash controlled compressor gives a lovely ride at 3 bar, Toyo H09 winter tyres make for a great ride.

Bike rack in garage is a nice touch, colour reversing camera works great

x2 140AH Exide gels great, x2 solar, 1500 watt fully integrated pure sine wave inverter to all sockets all top notch gear. Dealer paid for all new double glazed side windows, they should last another 6 months at least before misting up.:LOL:

Shower is roomy and a good flow.

Storage is great, massive rear garage and a ski locker as well as numerous other lockers, everything seems to work so I hope that doesn't put the mockers on it.

Downsides-Usual A class downsides, large windscreen, restricted access to engine, its got an awning which I hate but we have had it out twice and its seems a bit more heavy duty than the tissue paper one we had on a previous van, also found out on collecting that its been chipped, leaving well alone as it runs like a dream(please stay that way).

Overall really impressed in such a small package, 6.48 metres, double skinned aluminium, very warm van

Do I look happy?

CONCORDE APRIL 2018.jpg

Attachments

• concerto inside.jpg
    concerto inside.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
How poor of me no mention of payload, rear 3100kg, front 1900kg, about 680kg left as I weighed it with just driver and half fuel, Rear axle was 2200kg so no chance of ever overloading that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim
OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Only got these 2 so far Jim and one of them is inside the garage, great to have the 2 bikes lovely, dry and warm instead of on an exterior rack exposed, I will get some more when next away end of Oct.
concerto inside.jpg
concerto inside.jpg
concorde garage.jpg
concorde garage.jpg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Nice van Paul, same motor as ours and ours is remapped as well yours must go like stink with about 1500kg less than us.

And it will get better when it's "run in".

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Have you any squeaks from the dash area Paul, I found that the lower bit in the middle that has the CD pocket or whatever it is was the culprit so it got modified(y)

Martin

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Nice van Paul, same motor as ours and ours is remapped as well yours must go like stink with about 1500kg less than us.

And it will get better when it's "run in".

Martin

I am amazed at the power Martin, as I say it goes up hills in 5th and 6th, incredible. Our last Merc 2.7 would have been in 1st gear struggling like mad although 2 tonne more it was and 10 bhp less. I say 10 less I don't now know what the bhp is.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Have you any squeaks from the dash area Paul, I found that the lower bit in the middle that has the CD pocket or whatever it is was the culprit so it got modified(y)

Martin

No squeaks Martin and if it aint broke. Is yours same as ours no CAT no DFP, ours was first registered March 2005 so imagine its a 2004 chassis, the first gen Iveco 3 litre.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
No squeaks Martin and if it aint broke. Is yours same as ours no CAT no DFP, ours was first registered March 2005 so imagine its a 2004 chassis, the first gen Iveco 3 litre.
Yes same Paul, ours was built 2005 and about the last of that engine run as 2007 van were getting EGR etc, when I look at the new stuff with all the sensors and wires and ECU's it does frighten me a bit.

Just needs Jack and you are there:LOL:

Martin

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes same Paul, ours was built 2005 and about the last of that engine run as 2007 van were getting EGR etc, when I look at the new stuff with all the sensors and wires and ECU's it does frighten me a bit.

Just needs Jack and you are there:LOL:

Martin

Lol, i'll pass on the last sentence, if I had 5 grand to spend on accessories it certainly wouldn't be jacks, maybe nick your efoy, sorry I mean spend it on efoy or something:D.
See how it goes, these x2 140 exide gels are perfect at the minute even though I don't know how old they are, originals 13.5 years, surely not?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I am amazed at the power Martin, as I say it goes up hills in 5th and 6th, incredible. Our last Merc 2.7 would have been in 1st gear struggling like mad although 2 tonne more it was and 10 bhp less. I say 10 less I don't now know what the bhp is.
Just shy of 200 BHP would be a guess and 25% or 30% plus on the torque figure as well, even at just under 6000kg ours goes up loads of stuff in 6th, the revs drop to about 2000 and then the torque takes over and it just dig's in and gets on with it.

What MPG are you seeing, quick tip here divide your Km by litres and then x 2.815 saves you doing two conversions every time (unless you don't care of course).

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Lol, i'll pass on the last sentence, if I had 5 grand to spend on accessories it certainly wouldn't be jacks, maybe nick your efoy, sorry I mean spend it on efoy or something:D.
See how it goes, these x2 140 exide gels are perfect at the minute even though I don't know how old they are, originals 13.5 years, surely not?
Just winding you up(y) I know you are not a fan but first time you are stuck in a field and want to get a plank under the drive wheels you will wish you had them:LOL: have you got a diff lock?

Two 140ah EXIDE Gel's seems a bit extravagant for an original fit but possible, as you know we have the EFOY but other than while it is parked in a shed we could manage OK without it (that's hindsight) we have 320watt solar and Votronic MPPT reg which seems to me a good bit of kit.

Martin

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Just shy of 200 BHP would be a guess and 25% or 30% plus on the torque figure as well, even at just under 6000kg ours goes up loads of stuff in 6th, the revs drop to about 2000 and then the torque takes over and it just dig's in and gets on with it.

What MPG are you seeing, quick tip here divide your Km by litres and then x 2.815 saves you doing two conversions every time (unless you don't care of course).

Martin

Great stuff Martin, I havn't checked the MPG yet but I will do, all I know is it does a whole lot more than the 17 our S820 did, good tip about the conversion.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Great stuff Martin, I havn't checked the MPG yet but I will do, all I know is it does a whole lot more than the 17 our S820 did, good tip about the conversion.
We are between 19 and 24 so place your bets.

Martin

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Just winding you up(y) I know you are not a fan but first time you are stuck in a field and want to get a plank under the drive wheels you will wish you had them:LOL: have you got a diff lock?

Two 140ah EXIDE Gel's seems a bit extravagant for an original fit but possible, as you know we have the EFOY but other than while it is parked in a shed we could manage OK without it (that's hindsight) we have 320watt solar and Votronic MPPT reg which seems to me a good bit of kit.

Martin

No diff lock unlike yours which is a shame although with these Toyo winters and twin rear wheel drive should be ok hopefully, depending on the quagmire or course.
We had everything on the Merc, twin rear wheel drive, diff lock, winter tyres and still got stuck once, in an old filled in drainage ditch on a CL.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

Martin

Reading that again Martin I hope our engines can take the increase in the longrun without any undue stress.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Reading that again Martin I hope our engines can take the increase in the longrun without any undue stress.
My argument is that they are designed to be run at the maximum plated weight which could be 6500kg plus a 3000kg trailer and driven by a numpty so a bit more power used sensibly will be no problem(y)

Touch wood.

Martin

TrebleH

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto, Iveco
Looks nice mate, we have the 2006 2.8 and love it, as you say very comfortable and solidly built, our only problem is the double glazing, if it fails or the frame gets damaged you can't get them anywhere and when I tried I was quoted £2.500 for the replacement unit!!! Of course you can go down the road of finding somebody to re-seal the units but that is not too easy. I have even tried going to Ship-Car the people who supply them but haven't even had a response, they don't answer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back