Collecting our baby on Saturday... ☺️ (1 Viewer)

Kaymor

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
Enfield, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
I'm a newbie.
We've been on the lookout for our first motorhome for about two years, finally saw what we liked and bought a nice Dethleffs Advantage low-profile, 3 berth. It's a 2005, in perfect condition! So we are picking it up on Saturday from the dealer, first spin will be the 160km journey home. Can't wait to get out and about with it, and we'll be following the newbies forum all the way to learn tips and tricks! We've already booked our ferry to France in August for 4 weeks, then we'll turn left, right, or centre- depending on the whim when we land! Looking forward to sharing our adventures for the next few years......

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
Kaymor

Kaymor

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
Enfield, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Thanks! It's gonna be fun......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Kaymor

Kaymor

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
Enfield, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
I'm a newbie.
He he.. Nope more of an adoption really, previously- loved!!

OP
OP
Kaymor

Kaymor

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
Enfield, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
I'm a newbie.
:blusher:::bigsmile:Thanks for all the welcome messages, will be picking everyone's brains for advice...

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
:welcome4: And congratulations on getting your new baby soon, now all the great adventures will follow

Bet August can't come soon enough for you ::bigsmile:

John n Kath

Silverg

Free Member
Dec 18, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Exciting - whoop whoop!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome ! Lots of help , advice and fun on here ,best £15 I've spent !OH agrees says he has never seen me as quiet in 37 years!!:lipssealed::hiya2:
A lovely motorhome , enjoy all your holidays in her and what a beautiful dog you have in your avatar photo!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kaymor

Kaymor

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
Enfield, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Just Friday to get through in work, then off too Anchorpoint Motorhomes to pick up our van And the weekend weather's looking good...

@Anthea M - BTW the dog is our daughter & her partners- they called her Maggie - our daughter likes the Rod Stewart song so I reckon we've raised her well!!

Huskydog

Free Member
Oct 23, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
Lunar roadstar 620
Exp
Congratulations on your new baby , we have a 6 week wait befor we can pick ours up , hope you enjoy it as much as we will enjoy ours :hi::hi:

OP
OP
Kaymor

Kaymor

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
Enfield, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Well we've collected our motorhome, driven the 150Km home, and managed to reverse into the drive without incident! So far so good... now we are in the process of gathering all the bits we need, and getting the hang of the controls, heating, water etc..... all very exciting! Although it's St Patrick's Day here this week, and so a bank holiday weekend, we can't take off because of a family event, but we're planning on heading away for Easter, so a nice long weekend to break her in (or break us in really- she's already a veteran..).

Updates as they happen :coolest:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back