Apr

Rally Chester Easter Food and Drink Festival 2023. (1 Viewer)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
A lovely weekend in a great city.

I managed to escape just before a deluge but, once out of Chester, it was sunshine all the way home 😀

Not far from home though a canoe swung off the top of a vehicle coming towards me and hit my van just above the windscreen. That made me jump and I might have said a few rude words 😂

I stopped as soon as I could and was amazed to find no damage. I couldn’t see if the traffic behind me was as lucky though as it was round a bend.

Hope everyone else has an uneventful journey home! 😀

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Home safely, traffic not too bad for a Bank Holiday Monday.
Got off the ground problem free but I did see the tractor prowling 🚜.

I want to agree with the other posters about the reduced facilities, seems less each year - but actually there never seemed to be a queue for the porta-loos, and the bins weren't overflowing. I don't know if the elsan was emptied over the weekend but seemed surprising un-full, so for the price I really can't complain.

I do miss the marquee and events but understand why it doesn't happen these days.

Kerry & I had a great time, weather was kind, spent too much at the food fest - and enjoyed Chester itself

Thanks of course to Janine and to barsteward for all their hard work - and to Carol for her behind the scenes admin.

Poodlepower

Free Member
Mar 17, 2018
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
since 1983
Had a wonderful weekend again with Motorhome Fun at Chester, meeting up with the Solos again. Thanks to Janine and Barsteward for marshalling and Carol for doing the admin. Was lovely to have a chat with Carol and Eddie on Friday. Got drenched this morning but that's where having a motorhome is such a blessing. Good journey home and sun now shining.

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Well I was last leaving.Moved to the entrance on solid ground first and had a last walk around the show mid afternoon. Got a bargain bagful at the pie stall 😉. Rain held off apart from a couple of short showers.
Thanks Janine and barsteward for looking after us and Carol for your background work. Sorry to have missed you when you visited.
See some of you at Peterborough. 🤗

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Apologies for late posting.
Firstly many thanks Adam, for the help when John's CPAP lead failed, and the good wishes from everyone regarding the gearbox failure.
RAC took 16 hours to get us home, it was after 3 am when we got to the house. Am sure we will laugh about it at some stage, but not yet.
Were thankful it happened on this side of the channel, but doubt we will see anyone at Peterborough or catch our, thankfully flexi, train.
We did contemplate coming in the doblo, but it is not well insulated and has no heating, or solar, so realised it was not the best idea I had had.
Thanks too for all the hard work by the Janine barsteward and Carol

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Update to let everyone know that motorhome is fixed and back on the road, a lead had become disconnected and was fooling the system into thinking it had no hydraulic fluid, now well secured hopefully. Wont play guess the price but it was under £400

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back