Britstops (1 Viewer)

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Interesting to see that the first Yr discount is now 30% so opened the app to see exactly what they are offering.
It won't open and you can only contact Support via fb which I don't use
Could be of use, atthe right price especially if you can access other than pub car parks who expect you to eat in.
Would be interested to see if it's any nearer to France Passion but so far I can't tell before signing up.
Think I'll just stick to s4s
Mike

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
They are probably offering this

Which is free but I do donate to the website

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I fear BritStops has lost the plot since being bought out by Harvest Hosts.
Their main ethos has gone by the board, and their USP - the physical book - is being discontinued.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Their main ethos has gone by the board, and their USP - the physical book - is being discontinued.

But it makes financial sense to not have a book. It costs more to produce a book I would have thought and people like me buy the book one year and don't bother after that as while there may be additions it has plenty in to keep me going.

With the app you have to re subscribe every year or lose it.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006

One of the reasons cited by many of those who haven’t subscribed is the fact that they use a book and not an App.

You can please some of the people ……..

Ian

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
One of the reasons cited by many of those who haven’t subscribed is the fact that they use a book and not an App.

You can please some of the people ……..

Ian

So stop producing the expensive book and then charge more for the app.

Odd I’d say 🤷‍♂️

The point I am trying to make is that if you prodice a book it doesn't encourage people to re subscribe each year. Why would you? You already have the book. Why buy it again? OK there may be new stuff in it but £35 (our whatever it costs) worth every year?

So for them as a business it makes sense to discontinue the the book and just have the app.

Personally I never used it much so wasn't interested in re subscribing. I still have the book on hand should I need something. Lots of the locations are on Park4night or Search4sites or you can just ring up a pub and say 'can I spend the night in your car park?'

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
But it makes financial sense to not have a book. It costs more to produce a book I would have thought and people like me buy the book one year and don't bother after that as while there may be additions it has plenty in to keep me going.

With the app you have to re subscribe every year or lose it.
Actually BritStops have said it cost more to do the app than to do the book. And of course it's worth the fee (it's peanuts) when you're regularly in places where you have no signal, and also if you PREFER to have a book.
The original purpose was to support m/homers, to cover the costs of the proprietors' hobby, and not necessarily to make a profit. Of course it grew and changed, but nothing like it's doing under HH.
That's true; and another reason now that many people are citing is that there isn't going to be a book. There are plenty of free apps out there already.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back