Breakdown / Recovery Insurance for France (1 Viewer)

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Can anyone advise on the best insurance to cover our LWB Fiat Ducato Van over our 2 weeks in France next Month? as I only have UK cover.
Also does anyone get this as a kind of "perk" by way of using a credit card etc?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
some insurers include european breakdown cover in their cover as standard

you could look at Adac recovery, who are german, but tend to be cheap with usually good cover. however there is a limit of how much they will pay especially in france. this could leave you paying a bill at the roadside and claim it back later

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
try comfort insurance or your own motorhome insurer to add EU cover.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
We use ADAC

We use ADAC ... Cheap... Had to call them out when we blew a rear tyre in June... Did not have to pay anything.. Just signed for the service provided.

I also on my RV ...I have cover with Safeguard as part of my insurance policy European cover .....

There are many companies that provide cover. ADAC covers you in the UK as well as all Europe and is a lot more than just a motoring call out.. It even covers an air ambulance... 17 m members in Europe .. Cover is for the year and covers husband and wife and not tied to a vehicle.. Can be used for cars or motor home..

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back