Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
hi pammy and co.
just had my bus checked over for nasty gasses and apart from the dog all he found was the water boiler doesnt have a flu and as I leave the pilot on this minimal amount of carbon monoxide was probably the cause of my symptoms. So I presume I dont now need the heater servicing, though I thought thats what he was comming for ? I hope not, the gas check was £40 for 5 minutes so god knows what a service costs ?

You should have asked for a price break down

if it was me you'd asked I'd have said
£1 each way for fuel £1 for the test and £37 for knowing how to do the test:thumb:
Very reasonable if you ask me
Geo

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Quote What I cant understand is why doesnt my carbon monoxide alarm ( which is olny six months old) go off, some one suggested that the TEST button only test the actual alarm and not the sensor ? End Quote

Yes Wayne, that person was correct:thumb:

Also regarding your £40 for 5 minutes:

The analyser measures from Zero to 2000 parts per million with an accuracy of + or – 10 parts per million. A typical CO/CO2 detector in a home/motorhome does not measure to that level. Reason? he probably paid anything between £600-£700 for that machine and that may not have included the probes that he uses with the machine. How many jobs do you think he will have to do with that macine before he gets his money back. :Doh:

All I can say now is that you need to look at your ventilation - check your vents for lint which can build up just from making your bed everyday. It is always good practice to take vents off and clean them once in a while. The biggest problem a gas engineer has when he goes to service an appliance is finding a vent has been blocked up with paper etc to stop the draught coming through. Check to make sure your vents are not blocked. :Smile:

Keep safe:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back