Black streaks (1 Viewer)

Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner solano 710
Exp
I'm a newbie
Black streaks faded but still can be seen...best cleaner for these? I have seen fenwicks and autoglym anything better out there?

Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
We have some streaks on the vinyl decals, normal cleaning doesnt seem to remove them, anything else I could try?

20230815_203730.jpg

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
We asked the valet guys at brownhills, apparently the cant be removed so a decent quality back to black kind of coating is needed, to blend it back together a cream rather than a liquid, did ours back end of last summer and it lasted well but really needs a top up. Will have a look in the van tomorrow and see what brand I used but it was about 20 quid at halfrauds

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
Ours were more water streaks down the graphics leaving lighter streaks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 6, 2024
York
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
15 Years
Tried this but still got streaks, any suggestions please
We use Silky, it's a non abrasive cream ,brilliant for removing black streaks, available from eBay or from Caravan dealers shops. Good for plastic windows too.

Upvote 0
Oct 19, 2017
Funster No
Try jennychem. Brilliant especially for dirty roofs. Be sure to follow ratio instructions with water. Apply with garden spray, rub with sponge and hose off.

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2023
Furness, UK
Funster No
MH
Between M'home :-(
Exp
Since the late 80's
Jonny Boy, I love Bilt Hamber products - their whole range. They are not expensive for what they do and their car waxes are always coming 1st or 2nd with detailers and car magazines, although Japanese Fusso has made some belting waxes.

Anyhoo, keep on the subject Gary lad, I use Surfex HD cleaner https://bilthamber.com/product/surfex-hd/. I use it on wheels when 'greasy' and literally anywhere with hard-dirt. You dilute is down so it's a very economical product for the price. I wanted to degrease a dirty engine so, I bought some Autoglym engine cleaner and it was okay. I used some Surfex HD neat and it whooped Autoglym.

I've even used (well diluted) on carpet stains that nothing else shifted and even my cooker hood when it get's greasy from my stir fries etc. I don't think it's meant for in the home generally, incase it gets into food, so I add that for your safety. Surfex will remove the streak BUT, use it diluted. (And no, I am not a salesman for Bilt Hamber, I like it for Value and it's British)

Then, as has been suggested, use 'Polish' NOT wax. People say they 'polished their car' when they mean they have waxed it. Polish has ingredients that will remove stubborn stains because it has a very fine abrasive. Wax goes onto of that to preserve the shine.
Bilt and Hamber have a gentle Polish which is ideal. You don't want to be rubbing the protection off that the Maker has sprayed and end up with some hazel area by rough polishing. McGuiars also do a good Polish. Just about any Polish will do if Gentle with it, but don't use T-CUT, it's far too abrasive. You might like it the first time, but then you'll discover the top coat is wearing thin and you'll get the Sealant peeling off.

After giving it a Bilt Hamber - Surfex HD routine of gentle wiping with a fibre cloth, I then gently wipe some Polish in small circles, barely any pressure at all Jonny. If the lines have come off, great, if not, have another go. It's one of those 'slow and easy wins the race.' Let the Polish do the work.

After washing the whole of the MH, PROTECT all the work you have done and wax it. I'm pretty useless with electrics and engines, but I love Detailing - polishing waxing etc. I can give some advice on quality value polishes if interested.

Then I use Perle which is another dilutable product with https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/carpro-perl-coat-protectant. You'll need to search for the best price E-Bay, Amazon etc. This stuff dilutes, protects dashboards, plastic windows ... just about anything that is 'Plastic.' I even use it diluted on my tyres because it helps keep them 'conditioned and protects from the Sun. And no, it doesn't leave a thick film of gooey stuff. It almost disappears after one wipe, renovates etc and leaves my tyres satin, not high shine.

I use Perl on my wipers too, to prolong their life and keep them tip top. Anything like black rubber seals which cause black runs I put Perl on neat. I just let it soak and and recondition. Later I will wipe off the excess. I also use it on my double glazing window frames and on those black seals to keep the rubber seal from deteriorating and causing more black streaks. It will help prevent black streaks next year too.

All these products are easy to use Jonny, and whilst they may seem expensive at first, a little goes a long way so you'll have them for years. Next time you wash, it will be so much easier. I've spent a lot of time researching these products, as well as using them and for the value they are excellent. The next best thing to FREE is GOOD VALUE, but Free is still best.

Hope my 6 page essay helps. I tend to answer questions people don't even ask :LOL:
But please ask if you need any further advice, that is what we're all here for (y)

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMLi880
Exp
Owned a MH since 2012
Black streaks faded but still can be seen...best cleaner for these? I have seen fenwicks and autoglym anything better out there?
Always use Autoglym products - twice yearly polish, occasional wash using Autoglym conditioning shampoo and remove streaks or marks with Autoglym caravan and motorhome cleaner. Altogether works as well as the very expensive ceramic coating I've paid for on previous m'homes.

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2016
South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur LVX 9
Exp
since 2000
nothing works like G101
if the streaks are just here and there
and leaving a faint shadow this will make them
vanish just apply on a damp sponge or cloth
but it will clean it so well, it will remove any wax polish
that was in the newly cleaned area.
so just re apply a polish to that area
and you will be streak free and protected
( Its what the valeting lads in main dealers mostly use )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 20, 2015
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Ambulance Conversion
Exp
3 years
Like others I like Fenwicks. I mix 50/50 with water in a spray pump P=plus micro fibre cloth and it does the job. If it is really bad just use a cloth wetted with neaters. I have also on occasions used Wet & Forget if I have any left after doing my house roof. I have an old ambulance conversion and might give the Wet & forget a miss if I had a nice newish shiny MH.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back