Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
Be warned
I am about to arrange to collect our first motor home yippee:thumb: and remembered reading on here about a poor soul who did everything right before picking theirs up, they made sure they where covered both with insurance and breakdown cover having first checked to be sure they where both in force on the day they collected their motor home.
On their way home with the motor home they broke down and if that was not bad enough it transpired they where not covered for the brake down until 24 hours after the breakdown insurance was taken out so had to pay for the recovery:cry:.
Having read this I phoned the company I have had a quote from and asked if I would be covered should I brake down on the way home, to be told of course I would be.
I explained about the poor couple I had read about on a forum so she said she would go and check but was sure I would be covered straight away, guess what I would not have been covered.:Eeek::Angry::Angry::Angry:

So I will get my cover to run two days before I pick it up.
A very big thank you:thumb: to who ever posted the sad events on here of the day they collected their motor home, I only hope their experience has got better and they are now enjoying their journeys with the knowledge they have helped at least one other person from possible suffering the same fate they did

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back