LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
nearer but no jackpot yet .....going out so will spill beans ....

Private moho/caravan place door made by him £200. {looks same on net visiting asap}
:love:
Dealer one Hymer door -£700......

Dealer TWo [ see what I did there ?] Hymer door- just shy of £2000 !:unsure::cry::oops::mad:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Will be writing to dealer two .......

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Interesting post, couldn’t check my bathroom door until today and agree with all that is written the track looks like it only has to widen a small amount and the door would fall out if it’s track. Dealers really should not be quoting as much as they seem to be it’s a relatively simple job to fix.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you Busybuilder , PeterC10 and CTC (y) Lowdhams have said the door is about £600 [argh but cheap compared to the Rapido roof light strip on another thread] I did think of a shower curtain but that doesnt give much privacy when guests/grandkids use the loo.... Thinking of buying the door and trying to fix it selves.... What can go wrong ?o_Oo_Oo_O:oops::oops::oops::oops:
Sarah thinks we should just bite bullet and pay Travelworld. ... Am thinking we should grasp nettle and DIY ... pointing to new shiny sink plug... and now know what it is called will resume search . xx Many thanks .

Another query to follow about fitting a towbar to take the bike rack we already have vs getting a bike rack fitted ; one expensive ordeal at a time .

Kirsten, before you pay Travelworld, are you due at any Motorhomefun rallies soon? There may be someone there that can come up with an easy answer.

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Thank you Movan ❤️ ( may I call you Joy tho we haven’t met?}Have no intention of paying Travelword! The £200 quote is being investigated and door fixed for now bit of a bodge but ok for now😄 the info on here priceless and contactedPete c at Mickleton as well so fingers crossed! Would be lovely to meet other funsters at a rally in any case .. hope we can soon . Take care of self x Kirsten

Feb 16, 2020
Taunton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thank you for the warning, just in case I have now popped some silicone spray on the tack. Good luck with fix. Is yours a 3 or 4 berth?

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Us? We have a 3 berth and are going to get mid priced new door from Lowdhams as the price has gone down and it is an original hymer one. silicone spray has helped with the temp fiz

Jun 25, 2020
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since2001
I had the problem of the hangers coming out of the screen, I took it all off As well as the track and re-glued them back in...

my memory tells me it was fairly easy..
Hi Smiffy, I have exactly the same issue, taking the door out in Italy on the road....can you remember what adhesive you used?
The hardest part of the job was retrieving the hangers that were hidden around the back... Drove forward and slammed on, did that three times and they all slid around the corner... Easy to retrieve then ...

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Hi Smiffy, I have exactly the same issue, taking the door out in Italy on the road....can you remember what adhesive you used?
The hardest part of the job was retrieving the hangers that were hidden around the back... Drove forward and slammed on, did that three times and they all slid around the corner... Easy to retrieve then ...

Not exactly sure but probably would have used a thin smear of Araldite as it’s my go to glue…😎

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back