Avtex sound quality?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by SandJ, Jun 7, 2011.

1. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

We are just toying with the benefits of the Avtex or standard Tv and then the USB connection cropped up in conversation.

So can anyone answer whether the USB is any good for attaching an Iphone or iplayer and what is the sound quality like?

TIA

Steve

2. jezport

jezport Funster

Steve,

The sound is not great as the speakers are too small. I have heard worse though. I know that the USB on my Avtex tv is a bit fussy on what it will take but cant comment on all models.

3. mfh27748

mfh27748 Read Only Funster

You can always use the built in FM transmitter and play it through your radio but dont

upset the neighbours.:Smile:

4. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

I play music, and music videos, movies etc. from my usb stick plugged in the Avtex.
    The TV sound is ok.
    We sometimes use the FM transmitter in the Avtex to give additional sound / bass from the van stereo. Just have to find a clear space on the FM frequency to get decent sound. The sound from the original Peugeot stereo was rubbish on this transmitter as was the AM reception. I thought it was just the position of the van radio antenna but when I upgraded the van stereo both FM and Am reception improved.

It now works well.

The kids also watch their videos on the usb port in the other tv we have in the van which the kids watch when we are travelling, it is a cheapo 15.4 " lcd from Makro.

Both the cheapo tv and the Avtex play most common video/music files.

I must admit I have not tried to connect either my iphone or ipod touch to the TV's in the van.
    I must give it a go.....

Callum