Avtex AMR 985 (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Knaus Van Ti 640 MEG
Exp
Had a variety of tents, tipis, motorhomes, caravans and now back to a coach built motorhome!
On to my next question.
I’ve had the Avtex AMR 985 fitted to my new van, and I noticed that my Apple devices complain that the connection has weak security when connecting to it.
Ive been looking to see if I can solve this, by changing the connection type to something Apple recommend which I can’t.
I’ve also seen if there’s any upgrade available to the router, but it says I’m up to date.

Any suggestions?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
your device saying your wifi security is weak

not sure if this is helpful ..

Follow these steps to resolve your error message.

1. Make sure your devices have the latest software updates.
  2. Log into your router by typing your router’s IP address into your browser’s URL/Search bar. Some router manufacturers (such a TP-Link) may allow you to log in to your router through an app or dedicated website.
  3. Install the latest firmware updates for your router.
  4. Look for the Security/Encryption settings on your router and make the change to WPA3. You may need to make this change on each your SSID’s (both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands).

OP
OP
DaveS
Jan 2, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Knaus Van Ti 640 MEG
Exp
Had a variety of tents, tipis, motorhomes, caravans and now back to a coach built motorhome!
I’ve actually managed to answer my own question.
so I’ve forced it to AES encryption rather than TKIP or AES which it defaults to and all is now well in the world!

see screen grabs.

IMG_0247.jpeg

IMG_0249.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back