Austria Go Box ripoff (1 Viewer)

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi all, A rant and a warning to all TAG owners considering motorway travel in Austria. In May this year, we tripped down to Italy through Austria and having read all the problems others had had on these forums, we were particularly careful to get it right. We found a list of go box suppliers and stopped before joining a motorway to hand in our vehicle docs and get a Go Box issued. As we put it up we noted numbers on the back and, thinking it was for axle number tried to change it to 3 as we are TAG. This was impossible and still is. All the indications going through the overhead scanners were good. I did think 150 euros for straight there and back a bit steep but there you go. No more ado until 5 Dec when we get a letter from Austria telling us we are criminals and are fined 110 euros for not using correct axle count. I phoned and emailed appeals but was told to pay up or be hounded by the eurocourts. We still have no idea how to change the setting on the box we have but think we will give Austria a wide berth in the future anyway. If they want tourism they sure seem to be going about it the wrong way. Beware TAG drivers. :Angry:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
You would have probably got no more of a fine had you not paid any toll............as we did,nt in Portugal this year. I,m all for paying to use a road system, but make it easy for me, or i'll make it hard for you.:thumb:

BobT

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
GO box

I have considerable experience of the Austrian GO box and I would be very careful about using it. I believe the administrators were all personally trained by Austria's most famous son! I certainly don't recommend simply not buying one and expecting a fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Why bother with the go box its not difficult to drive in Austria avoiding the autobahns and will cost nothing.

spongy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back