Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Hi guys were going down west next mon-fri for a wander start pembroke area go to the castle and see whats on then up to St Davids then up to Cardigan area stopping any where on route that takes our fancy.
Ive been looking on line etc to check out sites and activities on that week but can anyone suggest any good stop offs and sites which may be good ? weve got 2 dogs with us too ! Thanks

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Morning.

I put a thread up earlier about a couple of music festivals we're going to - Fishguard this weekend and Gower the following.

Hope to bump in to you - does your van have a sticker? :thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I spotted what looked like quite a nice site just outside Pembroke when i was down there last weekend. Dont know what is called but its on St Daniels Hill in Pembroke so you could Google it. There is also a CC site in Freshwater East which is pretty good.

I suggest you try to visit the following beaches Freshwater East, Freshwater West, Angle Bay, Broad Haven (South Pembs) and Barafundle Bay( you get to it via Stackpole Key and then a walk across fields - well worth the visit). All these are within about a 10 mile radius.

Then there is Tenby, Saundersfoot and Amroth.

Enjoy:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Fantastic beaches

on the Pembroke - Angle peninsula. Your dogs would love Freshwater Bay, and there are campsites around there. We stayed on a farm between Pembroke and Angle which was a C&CC CS, but there are several other sites around there. Visit Manorbier Castle, used in the film 'I capture the castle' and walk along the coastal path a bit.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
The site in Pembroke is called Windmill Farm.

OP
OP
autoswan

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Thanks guys TDH i read your post but thought you said your there weekend only were mon-fri but will check it out if your there mon and yes got sticker on windscreen:thumb:
Thanks Treacle & Viennese Iplan on taking the dogs to the beaches at fresh water too :thumb: we did Saundersfoot,Tenby and Manobier easter it was excellent .
Any other events on or other suggestions most appreciated thanks guys :Smile:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Newgale campsite - £5 per person per night last summer, toilet & shower block etc, next to Duke of Edinburgh Pub, only a pebble's throw from the beach/coast path, on the coastal bus route, and nice and central for getting to other places. No electric hook up though. It's also possible to stop overnight in the Pub car park but hookups are compulsory there.

At Marloes there's a small campsite on the right as you come in from the Pembroke direction. Good and handy for access to St Martin's Haven (especially by bike) where boat trips go to Skomer, which is well worth a look - loads of puffins and other seabirds. Also close by - Marloes Sands, one of the most beautiful beaches in the entire National Park.

Whitesands Bay at St Davids is frankly a bit like someone has torn a lump out of Cornwall and dropped it on the Pembs coastline, so it's not very representative of the area as a whole, which is generally quieter and less overdone. Other bays worth a look include the Porthgain/Abereiddy stretch of the coast path, Ynys Barry, and Musslewick Sands (when the tide's out - not much sand when it's in). Little Haven is nice and quaint, and Solva might keep you occupied for an afternoon if the weather's nice.

Those are the highlights as I recall them from trekking round the coast path from Fishguard to Dale a few years ago, plus we've visited Newgale every year for the past four years, and are planning to go back there tomorrow.

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
Pembrokeshire sites

You could try Redlands touring park. Near Little Haven. Really roomy site with hard standing, easy to get in and out off. Spent two weeks there in August last year and had a fab time! Supermarkets and shops in Haverfordwest and easy to reach loads of great places! Watch out for the narrow lanes though, we tow a Smart so we left the van and explored in that. Have fun and hope the sun shines for you.

OP
OP
autoswan

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Any tourist attractions for kids that far west ?
Or carnivals,shows, fairs etc on next week ?

OP
OP
autoswan

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Thanks pepper386 i checked the pembs one i`ll check out the cardigan site too
All i need now is good weather next week can you guys sort it ? ::bigsmile: cheers:thumb:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
We are coming up to gower and pembroke for 3 weeks but not until 24 june , so thanks to all for info it will come in very handy , also if you do a blog or put how your hols went it would be appreciated. Terry:Cool:

OP
OP
autoswan

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Hi Fidget the gower is on my doorstep and theres loads to see there iff you have not been before be sure to visit 3 cliffs bay park at or near the heritage centre also worth a look ,and Oxwich, Porteyenon, Rhossili, Llangenith, Llanmadoc and Whitford with loads more to see and do .

Iwill let you know how Pembrokeshire went :thumb:

OP
OP
autoswan

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Anymore ? :reel:

OP
OP
autoswan

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Well got to Pembroke and found a cracking little site dog friendly with walkies field and hook up etc for £15 a night peek season too! called Windmill hill part of a working farm lovely people running it invited us to a campsite party on arrival nice brew and wonderfull mostly home made grub & good crowd , swmbo had night off cooking bonus !
Castle tomorrow birds of prey show then check out a few other things on around here before move up to St. Davids wed. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
autoswan

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Treacle sorry i just noticed (memory not what it used to be haha) you mentioned windmill hill farm site were on its great ! thanks again mate:thumb:

OP
OP
autoswan

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Moved on from pembroke yesterday over Cledai bridge with impressive views on to newgale good surf then up to a nice site Lleithyr farm great for our young un park and loads of petting animals with shop,gas,equipment etc.

Set TT sat nav to St Davids ended up through narrow lanes parked up next to St Davids cathedral in front of us and a Bishops palace to our right nice place perfect parking spot away from main packed car park but in front of us was a small river which sat nav wanted us to go through but without a snorkle for the MH to risky ! up the steps behind cathedral to the centre of St Davids nice little city centre fishnchips then off to Whitesands beach for a swim very nice .
Great area when the weathers good not much to do if raining off to Castell Henllys an iron age/celtic settlement living meuseum today . Ciao for now :Smile:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We've just had a couple of nights at Celtic Camping near Abereiddy (see Google Maps 51.926167,-5.220308) - friendly welcome, £8 per person per night (hookup extra), fairly level camping field, good facilities with an excellent coastal view and easy access to the Pembs Coast Path. The bit of coast around Abereiddy/Porthgain to the east of the campsite is well worth a look.

We're home now (having given up on the weather forecast) but I'd recommend the site to anyone.

OP
OP
autoswan

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Back home now from another lovely part of Wales. Had a great time even though weather was mad as a hatter off and on from warm and calm to vicious over the week !
cant wait to get back on the road now weekends only till kids and work off for summer hols.

Depending on Aug weather stay in uk if good north Wales - Lake district- Edinburgh for festival then north to Sky etc then down to ? on way back.

If weather bad will take the plunge and make for France chasing the sun :Cool:

What have you guys got planned for August ????

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back