Andria Bocelli, Lajatico, (1 Viewer)

Mar 30, 2022
Dordogne, France
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
almost 20 years
Hi all .long time MoHo owners, done most of Europe and Morocco, but this year as a retirement treat were going to see the great man in his home town, at the Teatro Del Silenzio, in Lajatico. Italy. Has anyone been there ,is there any overnight parking for a 9m Hobby. Looked on usual sites Park4night, Camper Contact, etc. Can't see the local police letting vans park anywhere any help much appreciated. Thanks Fred

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi & welcome! :hi: Can't advise but hopefully someone will post shortly who can....

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi all .long time MoHo owners, done most of Europe and Morocco, but this year as a retirement treat were going to see the great man in his home town, at the Teatro Del Silenzio, in Lajatico. Italy. Has anyone been there ,is there any overnight parking for a 9m Hobby. Looked on usual sites Park4night, Camper Contact, etc. Can't see the local police letting vans park anywhere any help much appreciated. Thanks Fred
CamperContact shows a municipal parking area in the middle of the town which takes MH. But no services I think. Google Maps also shows a Sosta a few km north of the town.

Of course if there is a concert being held finding a space may be a challenge unless you arrive a few days only.

Last edited:

Rollingwheels

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2021
Fordingbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
Hi we went there a few years back yes there are some spaces for motorhomes 9m might be ok ours was 7.5m but you can park around the perimeter partly shaded, no service but good place to park, it was absolutely boiling there over 40deg and everone was being bussed in all day from 10 in the morning so everyone was dressed in all of their finery dripping with sweat and trying to look refined eating pizza, we chilled all day then got a shower and dressed when it had cooled a bit in the evening then walked to the show about 15 mins walk, the only thing I would say is that we got there early on a Sunday as the show was on the Monday eve glad we did as we managed to get a parking place but the next day was manic.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Fred P
Mar 30, 2022
Dordogne, France
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
almost 20 years
Pampam of course you can come, I'm sure we can squeeze you in.

Rollingwheels. Thank you for the input most useful. its Market day the day before so may turn up local and move in when everyone has gone.

Hi everyone and thanks for the input

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Welcome Fred P, have a great time, sounds like it will be great concert.(y)
As usual, some great advice given thus far, get there early as you can & settle in.
Good Luck.(y)
LES

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Ive seen him six times,and sat front seats 5 of those,he is the best ,hope you have a lovely time;
camping in a motorhome ,and seeing andrea bocelli, in his home town what more could a person want ?

Rollingwheels

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2021
Fordingbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
Hi just remembered you pick up the tickets from the official store about 3 miles before I had to cycle back so as not to lose our parking place and it was a hot ride, so pick up en route if you can

OP
OP
Fred P
Mar 30, 2022
Dordogne, France
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
almost 20 years
I thought I'd posted a thank you on here already ,seems not! A bit ignorant of me , sorry. Thanks for the advice everyone,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back