Free Member
Apr 19, 2010
South Lakes
Funster No
MH
Hi-top van conversion
Exp
since 2008
You know that depressing feeling you get at this time of year when you start preparing the van for the new season and everywhere you look (on the outside) there are streaks of green algal growth. Around window seals, hinges, bodywork seams, etc. etc. And don't ask me about the bike carrier! It is pretty difficult to get off in my experience and while I'm not very van proud - I tend to think most dirt shows you've been making good use of the van - I feel green algae just smacks of neglect. I once tried Jif/Cif on my previous van, and it made the paint shrivel a bit, and I've been wondering what to use. I had a sudden brainwave - I would try vinegar. I figured that since it's considered safe to put all over your chips that it couldn't do much harm to paintwork. I got some clear distilled vinegar (Heinz make it) and got to work with a toothbrush. It was a revelation. It was so easy and so effective I almost enjoyed the two hours spent and the van looks almost saleable now. Just wash it down with a soft floor brush dipped in water+detergent, spray down with a hose and hey presto. The van smells a bit like a chip shop for now but I guess that will dissipate.
All we need now is some spring weather.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back